Application unlock for Motorola Q

Guest sonec

Guest sonec

Hey there

I have just purchased a Motorola Q and would like to application unlock the phone.

Does anyone know how to perform this??

Thanks

Sonec

Guest nausea
Hey there

I have just purchased a Motorola Q and would like to application unlock the phone.

Does anyone know how to perform this??

Thanks

Sonec

I have no idea. Prolly no one knows yet as its a new phone. Try contacting your carrier and asking them.

Looks like people do know how, look at the posts below :)

Edited by nausea

• 3 weeks later...
Guest qdout

I have been trying to unlock my new Motorola Q. It registers as unlocked when I run CheckLock.exe, but using active sync, I can't get any programs to work. In other words it seems to me that my Q is behaving like it is still locked. I WAS able to install and use regedit to make the registry changes listed on Robert Peloschek's blog and later found and added the changes noted at Fightersoft Multimedia. I also tried the SDA_ApplicationUnlock , and did the RapiConfig ResetSecurity thing and tried the procedures here. Any one have any thoughts on what might be going on. Each time the error message says 'The application file was not intended for this device'. I get this message when trying to install Flash, Epocrates, Greg Fisher's Mortgage CALC, Skyscape Archimedes, VITO Smartmap, L3Solutions Asteroidblast and Spb Pocket Plus through activesyncs add-remove programs function. Thoughts appreciated.

In a related (in that it is also frustrating) vein, does anyone know if the bluetooth function can be restored so that the device will pair with bluetooth GPS units via software/registry changes.

Guest smeg36

Those are all Pocket PC applications, not Smartphone applications. The problem has nothing to do with the application lock status, you need to find Smartphone versions of the programs you want to use. My Q is paired with my BT GPS receiver and working great with Mapopolis. Not sure what you mean by restoring that.

Guest scottb

I haven't come up with a reason yet to try to unlock my Q. What are people trying to do that they can't? I have yet to come across an application that won't install. Whether they work or not is a different thread...

Guest smeg36

I wanted to rearrange my Start menu to get the apps I never use into a Misc subfolder. You have to app unlock to move and modify system files.

Guest TechWhore
I haven't come up with a reason yet to try to unlock my Q. What are people trying to do that they can't? I have yet to come across an application that won't install. Whether they work or not is a different thread...

Many People on the Canadian Network Telus have found out that their Q's are locked. Any help we can give them would be great.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
Guest marc8773
Again, the "ultimate unlock tutorial" should help:

http://robertpeloschek.blogspot.com/2006/0...ur-windows.html

(Please post in the weblog comments after you unlocked, if the tutorial worked with the Q so that other ppl will see it)

I'm a little scared about this. I follwed the steps and the system does appear to be unlocked now. I'm scared because I'm worried I did something wrong with the last step (even though its working currently).

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \Security\Policies\Policies

-> Add new value "0000101b": Dword = 1

I went in through my reg editor, clicked on 0000101b, and CHANGED the Dword data to 1. Was that right or did I screw something up?

Last question, can someone tell me what the original Dword data value was for that one in case I want to change everything back to default settings?

Thanks!

Guest Monolithix (MVP)

Assuming you were in the correct area of the registry then it doesn't matter. Whether its there already or if you add it, its still the same key you're modifying ;)

Guest marc8773
Assuming you were in the correct area of the registry then it doesn't matter. Whether its there already or if you add it, its still the same key you're modifying ;)

Ok great! Thanks...