Orange M5000 Push Email

Guest Shaunfarris

Guest Shaunfarris

Can anyone explain whether Orange offer to 'Private' NOT 'Business' customers their Push Email.

I believe they use the Office Freedom which is SEVEN Always on Mail.

Unfortunately SEVEN Always on Mail does'nt yet work with Mobile 5.

I can't run Exchange as I only have Windows XP Home...............unless of course anyone can give anyother clues on what I could do.

I know SEVEN Always on Mail works great on my old M2000, so this solution would be good if it worked on Mobile 5

Cheers

Shaun

• 1 month later...
Guest Shaunfarris

Hi

Thanks for the offer.

I emailed tech support a month ago and was told SEVEN would be available during June.

Then emailed again and told it will be July.

I hope it will be soon

Guest Shaunfarris

Also before anyone says it, the free ones dont all work with AOL IMAP4, nor do they allow for using my email address as a send and recive address, they require you to sign up to their email address for it to work.

As far as im concerned thats not worth anything.

I've got an email address that suits me and thats what i wish to use

Guest Shaunfarris

LOL

I've actually used AOL since Compuserve days and have to say I have never had any issues with it.

It is incredibly reliable and secure, works perfectly with Microsoft Outlook and Pocket Outlook on my phone.

and use to work on my Nokia's to.

So all in why change??

Ive had the same email address for many many years now

Guest Confucious

Glad you're happy with it. I used to use compuserve before the internet was thought of...

AOL must have something going for it and if you're happy, great. They just cause more support problems than all other OISPs together.

Hopefully seven will release the WM5 product soon.

Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Shaunfarris

Still Waiting,

Anyone got any inside knowledge at SEVEN, as to when they will finally release the software for us to use.

Waiting...........but getting impatient now,

I've lost 2 months of my subscription already

Guest Shaunfarris

The last message said:-

We were hoping to release the client last month, but we've not been able to, unfortunately. The reason for the delay is because we first need to upgrade out www.alwaysonmail.com relay server to 5.0 before we can offer customers this client. However, we're now hoping to perform this upgrade during July.

Guest jimbouk

My clients who are with AOL have had a miserable last few years. Paying an extra tenner per month for AOL's content and chat rooms seems mad to me.

The only argument that makes any sense for sticking with AOL is keeping your old email address - but do you really want to be stuck with one provider for the rest of your life?

Why not simply buy a suitable domain name that you are happy with and then tell everyone that is your email address. You can then use that email address with any mail client for the next 40 years (if we are still using email by then).

I did a comparison for a client the other day and over the last five years he has spent