Bluetooth on SPV C550

Guest davidone

Guest davidone

HELP PLEASE!

My bluetooth on my Orange SPV C550 has been playing up big-time.

It is an intermittant fault. Sometimes it works - sends and receives (very rarely) but most of the time it says -

'No Bluetooth Hardware Installed on this Device'

So, I took it into an Orange Shop and the guy there said come here and look for a piece of software that resets bluetooth. I can't find it anywhere.

The only thing he suggested was a hard reset, but I don't want to do that!

PLEASE HELP ME!

Thank you in advance.

Guest pd.ryder

Welcome to the forum :)

Are you sure you haven't reflashed the ROM? Maybe with one from a different operator?

I've only ever had this happen once, that was when I got mixed up with 'new-improved' ROM versions and cocked it all up- it lost the BT stack completely until I Hard Reset it. I think I actually tried to restore a back-up from a device which was loosely related to the 550 and it didn't like it at all!!

I reckon a Hard Reset is your best option. :)

Guest pd.ryder

The ROM is the programming that tells the device what it is and how to be a phone. Each of the operators in the UK may have differing names for similar or identical devices (T-Mobile market the SDA, which is a C550, which is ultimately an HTC Hurricane)

Each of the operators may or may not activate certain parts of the device (T-Mobile kept the WiFi in their SDA II, whilst Orange stripped it from the C600 :) )

Orange have provided 'updates of their ROMs periodically for the older E100, E200, but not for the C550. So some techies have tried to install other operators ROMs to gain improvements in operating system (upgrade to WM5) or functionality. It doesn't always work and is frowned upon in many areas, which is why you won't find oodles of ROMs on MoDaCo :)

By the sound of it, if you don't know what the ROM is, you haven't buggered it up ;)

Try a hard reset. It should put everything right for you.

Guest davidone

I do know what ROM is, it's just i'd forgotten what re-flashing means.

I haven't re-flashed it, i've read up about it and like you've said 'I haven't buggared it up!'

BT worked for a couple of months but it's a windows phone, I mean whatta you expect! :)

Thanks a lot and I think Mr.Hard Reset will be paying me a visit. :)

David

Guest jm012a9749
I always get that sinking feeling whenever things have gone too far and, like you say, Mr Hard Reset has to come calling :)

and you spend ages getting the phone to exactly how it was before you hard reset it by which time you need to hard reset it again because something else has gone wrong...... it just goes on and on and on :)

Phil

Guest w411y
and you spend ages getting the phone to exactly how it was before you hard reset it by which time you need to hard reset it again because something else has gone wrong...... it just goes on and on and on :)

Phil

Yeh same here. I'm thinking about creating a cab that will install all the programmes I use in one cab, rather than installing each programme one by one.

Guest nevawlkalone
Yeh same here. I'm thinking about creating a cab that will install all the programmes I use in one cab, rather than installing each programme one by one.

That'd take aaages to install though wouldnt it...n all the applicaton unlocked n signed crap n all...but of a nut ache but definately worth a round of applause if u crack it...or a round of beers, which ever suits lol

Guest w411y

I think it's easily done. Jaycounet (One of the two guys behind JDSkins.com) sent me a programme called Smart Archiver which can easily create cabs and hme files. But it also unpacks cabs to their original state. So I think all that would need doing is to put all the .inf files into one and a few lil edits and it would be done.

Actually, come to think of it, not sure if it will work with programmes that have the option to install on storage card or storage. Must be a workaround in the .inf file. Got 2 exams left, after that I got plenty of time to fiddle with stuff :)

Guest nevawlkalone
I think it's easily done. Jaycounet (One of the two guys behind JDSkins.com) sent me a programme called Smart Archiver which can easily create cabs and hme files. But it also unpacks cabs to their original state. So I think all that would need doing is to put all the .inf files into one and a few lil edits and it would be done.

Actually, come to think of it, not sure if it will work with programmes that have the option to install on storage card or storage. Must be a workaround in the .inf file. Got 2 exams left, after that I got plenty of time to fiddle with stuff :)

All you'd have to do s create a script that automatically selects yes when its prompted...

check PM's

Guest w411y

Never made a script although seeing some of the stuff GPC does really tempts me to have a bash. Suppose theres no harm in learning a new skill.,. or trying :) Have to look into it when I get the time

• 1 month later...
Guest davidone

I did a hard reset :)

I backed up everything and got exactly how it was before ;)

Bluetooth and my other faults on the phone are now fixed! :D

BUT...the backup of ALL my games had broken... :D

I got all the free ones back :(

And the Orange Man on the phone refunded me

Guest Fjatle

I don't think there is anymore you can do at your home.

Recently, I had the exact same problem.

I hard reseted, didn't help.

Upgraded ROM, didn't help.

So I had to send it to a workshop, and they replaced the main module (now we're talking hardware.)

....you may think, if they changed the main module, wich is just about everything inside the phone, why didn't

they just give me a shiny new phone?? Well, I ask the same question to :)

Anyway, my phone is fine now... I am bluetooth up'n go!.

Guest davidone
I don't think there is anymore you can do at your home.

Recently, I had the exact same problem.

I hard reseted, didn't help.

Upgraded ROM, didn't help.

So I had to send it to a workshop, and they replaced the main module (now we're talking hardware.)

....you may think, if they changed the main module, wich is just about everything inside the phone, why didn't

they just give me a shiny new phone?? Well, I ask the same question to :)

Anyway, my phone is fine now... I am bluetooth up'n go!.

Thanks Fjatle for your suggestion. Does that cost any money and where did you go?

David

Thanks Fjatle for your suggestion. Does that cost any money and where did you go?

David

I'm having the same problem with my SMT5600. I hard-resetted a few times (just in case it didn't properly do it the first couple of times? :S) and i'm having the same problem.

Never once did I think that it may ACTUALLY be a hardware issue. I bought the phone used, not realizing that the description noted that no bluetooth hardware installed. When I read up on it quickly after realizing what the description contained (after purchasing, while item was in transit, being shipped here), I noticed that everyone seems to suggest a hard reset and that seems to fix everything. Well, doesn't fix it for me! =/

I suppose these phones are no longer under warranty? Guess I can't send it in to get it repaired for free?

Where DID you go to get it done Fjatle?

Guest pd.ryder

I lost the whole BT stack once on my old E200 after upgrading the ROM. I had reinstalled back-ups from SpriteBackup to find data from the old ROM wasn't compatible with the new one. The usual BT menu options were there but trying to access any of them produced an error 'BT is not installed on this device' which was infuriating. Reloading the new ROM again sorted it, but I lost all my backed-up data.

You're not using a 'different' ROM are you, a generic one or something?

Just a thought :)

Guest davidone

How long does the warranty last for - I never realised there was one?!

Oh and 'pd.ryder', I am using the same ROM as I used when I bought it. :)

Edited by davidone

• 2 weeks later...
Guest awarner (MVP)

You will have a years manufacturers warranty so if you had the C550 when it first came out then it may just still be covered.

As for ROM there was never an update available.