Bypassing the auto install

Guest J273

does everyone bypass the autoinstall after a hard reset amd unhide the ext_rom and select the cabs needed or does evryone let the custom install run after a hard reset installing all the contents of the extended rom?

Its just im gonna hard reset and start a fresh and have always bypasses the extended roms custom install but after looking through it theres quiet a few patches .etc .etc

i know it was a problem with the first jammin rom making it bugy but am unsure on the latest.

whats eveyone do after a hard reset?

thanks

Guest jimbouk
does everyone bypass the autoinstall after a hard reset amd unhide the ext_rom and select the cabs needed or does evryone let the custom install run after a hard reset installing all the contents of the extended rom?

Its just im gonna hard reset and start a fresh and have always bypasses the extended roms custom install but after looking through it theres quiet a few patches .etc .etc

i know it was a problem with the first jammin rom making it bugy but am unsure on the latest.

whats eveyone do after a hard reset?

thanks

I leave the full Imate rom to install. The only thing I remove (after cabs) is the anitivirus, and the device tuns sweetly.

Guest PaulF

Hi

I had to hard reset my M600 this morning, so I thought I'd try this (as I did on my M500) to have a look at the cab files before they're installed, and see if there were any obviouls ones I don't want (e.g voice dialler etc).

I did a soft reset after the initial setup, which prevented all the auto installs...

But then I couldn't find the 'install rom' area in File Manager (it used to appear as another 'drive' on the M500) - anyone know how to get access to this (so that I can install the stuff I want, but not everything?

Also, has anyone come up with a list of what's in the M600 install folder, and what they all do ??

Thanks

PaulF

Guest Kimbie

I did hard reset stopping organe from running its install and to be honest i have not really noticed anything missing, lobbed on MSN messenger and outlook works fine,.

The only thing i had to do was setup my GPRS but that didnt take long with my special sheet of settings :)

Kimbie

Guest PaulF
The only thing i had to do was setup my GPRS but that didnt take long with my special sheet of settings :)

Kimbie

Kimbie - If you've got a copy of Orange's GPRS settings I'd appreciate it if you could post them up here - I may decide to od another reset and get rid of the 'extras'

Is the Voice Dialling app still on there if you bypass the auto installs?

Cheers

PaulF

Guest markauk
Also, has anyone come up with a list of what's in the M600 install folder, and what they all do ??

Here's a list of the orange cab files on my M600. I have tested a couple and so know what they do:

MP_SmartDialing_enable_050915_signed.CAB - adds T9 smart dialling to the phone app

PT_RemoveHTCBatteryIcon_PRO.CAB - removes the battery icon from the bottom right of the screen

PP_RemoveMSNLink.CAB - removes the link to PocketMSN from program files

The rest are below - has anyone confirmed what they all do?

MP-Shortcut-MMS1-JAVA5XX-CV-VOICE-PVPLAYER-Orange-WWE-051208.CAB

MP_Customization_OrangeUK_Prophet_060119.CAB

PP_Certificate_OR_Jan23_Wizard.cab

PP_DisconnectButton_8.CAB

PP_EnableEdgeIcon_1_PRO.CAB

PP_GPRS_CSD_type.CAB

PP_OrangeTSK_ORA_PRO_21001103.CAB

PP_ORUK_Connection_21001102.CAB

PP_ORUK_OTAP_21001102.CAB

PP_ORUK_pIE_Setting_21001107.CAB

PP_ORUK_Region.CAB

PP_ORUK_RingTone.CAB

PP_ORUK_STK_21001102.CAB

PP_ORUK_UA_21001107_131001107.CAB

PP_ORUK_UXC_20601115.CAB

PP_OR_COPSManual.CAB

PP_OR_JavaRoot.CAB

PP_OR_TyHs_20060216.cab

PP_RemoveM2MPri_OR.CAB

PP_Revoke_AEConfig_21001102.CAB

PP_SuspendResume_null.CAB

PP_Version.CAB

PT_ScreenRotate_2.13_PRO_20501101.CAB

P_ORUK_Vmail.sa.CAB

mark.

Guest PaulF
Here's a list of the orange cab files on my M600. I have tested a couple and so know what they do:

Thanks Mark

Can you tell me how you found these?

I did a hard reset, followed by a soft reset (just before the auto installs), but I was unable to find the location of these cab files (on the M500 they used to appear as another 'drive' in explorer)

Interesting, I can't see anything obvious in there that looks like the Voice Dial software - is that a standard WM5 app? (I assumed it was an Orange extra)

Cheers

PaulF