TOMTOM MOBILE 5 ON A DIFFERENT PHONE

Guest smartie760

Guest smartie760

Hi, I changed my phone recently (Orange c500) which had TomTom Mobile 5 installed on it and working very nicely thank-you. I've tried to put the TomTom onto my new phone (c550) but I can't get an activation code from TomTom. On the ttcode site it tells me that the map is already activated, as it was on my old phone. What are you supposed to do if you have TomTom and want to change your mobile phone. Any thoughts?

Guest smartie760
Welcome to the site :)

You need to contact TomTom and explain you now have a new device.

Thanks awarner,

Are they usually accommodating in this respect? I left an email a couple of days ago, which explained. Is there a phone number, do you know?

Guest FragMeister
Thanks awarner,

Are they usually accommodating in this respect? I left an email a couple of days ago, which explained. Is there a phone number, do you know?

I asked the same question, but for my MDA Compact (TTN5 not TTM5). I filled in the form on their website, and got an email back a couple of days later:

Thank you for contacting TomTom Customer Support.

You will be able to use TomTom Navigator 5 on your new PDA, but you will also require a new Activation Code to do so.

After installing Navigator on the new device, you will be provided with a new Device Code & asked to obtain a new activation code.

To obtain a second or subsequent Activation Code you will need to send to us the following:

1. Your Navigator 5 Product Code (the 15 character code).

2. Your new Device Code (10 characters - given to you when you first start Navigator on your new PDA).

3. A copy of Proof of Purchase for your new PDA (e.g. a sales receipt).

4. Your name, email address and telephone number.

You can send these details via email with attachment or via fax.

If sending by fax, the number is 0031 208 501 097.

To remove TomTom Navigator 5 from your PDA first remove the SD memory card containing the Navigator software.

Then use the Remove Programs function of your PDA and remove any TomTom files on your PDA.

With best regards,

The TomTom Customer Support Team

Guest smartie760
I asked the same question, but for my MDA Compact (TTN5 not TTM5). I filled in the form on their website, and got an email back a couple of days later:

Thanks for that,

As I got the phone off Ebay, I'm not sure if they'd accept the kind of proof of purchase they supply, i.e. a Paypal receipt.

Guest smartie760
Thanks for that,

As I got the phone off Ebay, I'm not sure if they'd accept the kind of proof of purchase they supply, i.e. a Paypal receipt.

Just as a postscript to my changing phones and not being able to get a new activation code for TomTom Mobile 5. I had heard terrible stories about TomTom's non-existant customer support and was a little worried when I rang, expecting to be on hold for an hour and to leave the experience with only regret.

Well, how wrong could I have been. Customer support answererd my call within 30 seconds and a very polite man told me to email them with my details. This I did, still expecting no response until after the weekend, even then a little sceptical about the outcome.

I RECEIVED A NEW ACTIVATION CODE WITHIN HALF AN HOUR! I AM MOST PLEASED!