2125 keyboard typing after update

Guest andy_sutton

Guest andy_sutton

I found a thread here discussing an issue I am having with typing on the 2125 after applying the update. So it must not be just me. Is anyone else experiencing some odd typing behavior on their 2125 with this new Cingular ROM?

Guest horney
I found a thread here discussing an issue I am having with typing on the 2125 after applying the update. So it must not be just me. Is anyone else experiencing some odd typing behavior on their 2125 with this new Cingular ROM?

yes, I have it too on my SPV C600 after this update :-( hopefully they will fix it soon...

Guest sleewok
yes, I have it too on my SPV C600 after this update :-( hopefully they will fix it soon...

Yeah, I thought it was just me, but I am having problems as well. When typing it sometimes acts as if the key is still being pressed down. Keys will not respond, etc. Really odd and annoying behavior...

This is after the recent HTC 2125 update.

Guest sleewok

FIXED:

In order to fix this problem you need to be sure that the Multipress timeout is set to at leaset 1 second. I always change mine to 1/2 second, and that is when the problem occurs. At least that's how it is for me.

Go to Settings > Accessibility: Multipress time out: 1 second

Guest nloftie
FIXED:

In order to fix this problem you need to be sure that the Multipress timeout is set to at leaset 1 second. I always change mine to 1/2 second, and that is when the problem occurs. At least that's how it is for me.

Go to Settings > Accessibility: Multipress time out: 1 second

I'd hardly call that a fix.....more like a work-around. I have my Multipress time out set to 1/2 second for a reason. I do not want to have to wait a full second before I have to hit the same key again to start inputting a different letter.

I know that HTC did pull the 2125 ROM for a few days, before putting it back up. Has anyone who had the typing problem loaded this ROM? And is the problem fixed? I don't want to have to re-load everything if the problem still exits on the current ROM that is on the HTS site.

Guest sleewok
I'd hardly call that a fix.....more like a work-around. I have my Multipress time out set to 1/2 second for a reason. I do not want to have to wait a full second before I have to hit the same key again to start inputting a different letter.

I know that HTC did pull the 2125 ROM for a few days, before putting it back up. Has anyone who had the typing problem loaded this ROM? And is the problem fixed? I don't want to have to re-load everything if the problem still exits on the current ROM that is on the HTS site.

Good point...

Anyone having a similar problem that downloaded/updated the ROM several days after its release?

Guest sleewok
Good point...

Anyone having a similar problem that downloaded/updated the ROM several days after its release?

Just a thought...maybe someone should try overwriting the T9 dll files with the ones from the previous ROM.

If you check the about T9 section (hold down * when writing text and go to settings, about t9) it will list the .dll files used by T9. There are four of them:

T9Ime.dll

T9ImePrefs.dll

t9aw.dll

T9Englishldb.dll

Guest nloftie

I just got a new 2125 into the office, and prompty updated it to the latest ROM (by the way, Cingular have changed the power button on the latest 2125's so that it is easier for first time users to get the hang of pushing "down" on the power button!)

Anyway, I checked the dates and versions of these dll's between my 2125 and the new one.....they were the same. Then I started to experiment with the typing on both phones. It appears that my problem is not when typing with the t9, but with the regular abc mode. I could often get the error, but could never duplicate it twice. On the new 'phone, I did not get the error, but then again, I can't seem to duplicate it at will on my 'phone.

So, I am not sure whether the new ROM had anything to do with it, or that it was pure coincidence that I did not get the error on the new ROM and 'phone.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest andy_sutton

I contacted HTC support about this issue since upgrading to the new AKU2 ROM and they are saying they have not heard of it. I pointed them to this thread so if you are experiencing typing issues on your Tornado device (2125, 8300, etc.) after upgrading please check in. The issue I am experiencing is either unlocking the locked device and when typing in Abc mode, not T9 mode. Occasionally it runs away and acts like I'm holding down the same key echoing out ********** when trying to unlock, most times it just gets confused and puts letters on the screen that I didn't type when I try to do multipress in SMS and Email. Adjusting the multipress timeout doesn't really help at all.

Guest sleewok

I just got a replacement 2125 phone. I'm assuming it is a newer revision, as it has the modified power button (easier to press as the button is now raised and flat on top). I updated the firmware to the latest version and I am still having the same issues with typing. I can't type very fast, and i commonly have problems when I press the same key over again. It will act as if I have been holding down the key, repeat the pressing, etc.

I remember reading a post that had a link to another forum topic regarding the recent 2125 update. They have a VERY detailed list of problems/experiences with the update. Please post it if you have that link.

Thanks.

I contacted HTC support about this issue since upgrading to the new AKU2 ROM and they are saying they have not heard of it. I pointed them to this thread so if you are experiencing typing issues on your Tornado device (2125, 8300, etc.) after upgrading please check in. The issue I am experiencing is either unlocking the locked device and when typing in Abc mode, not T9 mode. Occasionally it runs away and acts like I'm holding down the same key echoing out ********** when trying to unlock, most times it just gets confused and puts letters on the screen that I didn't type when I try to do multipress in SMS and Email. Adjusting the multipress timeout doesn't really help at all.

Guest Snooginsguy
I just got a replacement 2125 phone. I'm assuming it is a newer revision, as it has the modified power button (easier to press as the button is now raised and flat on top). I updated the firmware to the latest version and I am still having the same issues with typing. I can't type very fast, and i commonly have problems when I press the same key over again. It will act as if I have been holding down the key, repeat the pressing, etc.

I remember reading a post that had a link to another forum topic regarding the recent 2125 update. They have a VERY detailed list of problems/experiences with the update. Please post it if you have that link.

Thanks.

Is this the one you're looking for?

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?showtopic=242215&hl=

The link to another forum is in the last post.

Guest andy_sutton

I sent the link to this string to HTC Support, I think I'll submit it again since we have some good evidence to demonstrate that it's not just one device and re-flashing is not going to fix it. Thanks to all who submitted their experiences on this. Hopefully we'll get a fix out of it. It's driving me crazy and reduced my text'ing abilities to a crawl.