T-Mobile Sda II wich firmware to upgrade ?

Guest whazzaa

Guest whazzaa

Hi there,

I have a T-Mobile Sda II and have problems with activating the Bluetooth gps within TomTom5.2

I have tried all the possible options discribed on this and other boards but it still isn't working.

Maybe it's an sollution for me to flash this phone to another firmware wich is working. T-Mobile isn't comming with an firmware update so i figure i have to back out to an other firmware.

Maybe qtek 8300, Spv 500, or ????

I have no clue what firmware i can use, can any of you guys help me out ?

Cheers

Wh@ZzAA

Guest awarner (MVP)

There are no other ROMs for your phone apart from the Actual Tmobile SDA II update.

If you try anything else you will kill your phone.

Guest whazzaa
There are no other ROMs for your phone apart from the Actual Tmobile SDA II update.

If you try anything else you will kill your phone.

Mhhh that's stange i have read alot about flashing an other firmware like the sp5 on this device.

It seems that spv 500 is identical an some guys have flashed this firmware onto an sda 2 from t-mobile.

I have to figure out how to get tomtom working on this device because thats why i bouth this thing.

I don't wanna buy an original version of tomtom because it's just to much money.

Who can help me out....

I have changed the TomTom binaries so it has to look at a certain com port... but than tomtom keeps telling me that the executable is unsigned. Ohhhh man i have this phone for a month now and i guess i'm not the only one with this problem.

Anyway i need some help with this or if anyone has some suggestion please let me know !! :)

Cheers

Wh@ZzAa

Guest merwin

Get the latest SPV Services client from http://www.spv-developers.com

Use that to set your CID to all 1's (allows flashing other vendors onto your phone). Be careful after this, since you can now flash ANY ROM onto your phone (even ones for the complete wrong phone that will render your phone dead).

SIM unlock it using the same client while you're at it.

EDIT link removed as it is not compatable with the SDA II

Flash that onto your phone.

Guest awarner (MVP)

Please listen

@merwin please get your facts right before telling someone to flash their phone. The rom you suggest WILL kill it.

The SP5 is a Tornado the SDA II is a Huricane varient and is completely incompatable.

Post moved to the Hurricane Section.

If you don't believe me then read this post

http://www.modaco.com/Possible-WM5-Update-...de-t241823.html

I did this to prove a point and to stop others from killing their phones.

As for flashing an SP5 ROM to a C500, it's not possible. An SP3 can work but definately not an SP5 as the hardware is completely different.

As for your TomTom problem just contact TomTom for help, their customer service will sort you out. Flashing is not the solution.

Guest Mikilu

Hmmm, this means bad news for me too, I am in exact the position as whazzaa.

Having an Dutch T-mobile SDA II and no possibility of getting it to work with tomtom. Only seeing left the option off flashing.

I have read quiet a lot on inet now, and getting dizzy of it. I thought it was possible to flash a SDA II with a rom off a SPV C550, that also is a HTC Hurricane device.

Mine is a Hurricane device, readout from the bootloader, with an OMAP 750, and without wifi. It has a cassing of an 8310.

Can u please tell me your thoughts about flashing my device with a WM2003 rom extracted from a C550, awarner (MVP)..?

Guest awarner (MVP)

I can not believe the SDA II will not work with TomTom it's more a user error than a phone error.

Then again have you tried it with the TomTom GPS unit you got when you bought TomTom?

I have the C550 which is exactly the same device and it works without a problem.

Otherwise as I said above contact TomTom directly and they can help you out.