MMS Problems

Guest pjam001

Guest pjam001

Hi,

Since getting my mdac2 it has always taken several attempts to download photo messages sent to me.

I have just updated to the latest rom and the problem persists. I have also notice that sending is a little hit and miss too.

Can someone please confirm whether they have these problems or not? I've checked and double checked the server etc.

cheers.

Guest jonajuna

i had never noticed before but yes i am too.

my bro in law has tried to send me 2 today both cant be downloaded, so i tried to send 1, its still sat in my outbox 4 hours later

perhaps its a tmob network issue?

Guest pjam001

Thanks for replying.

I've been messing a bit this evening to try to figure it out. I've noticed that if I try to sent a photo of 640x480 to myself it struggles to go but if I send a smaller one it sends and receives fine. I originally thought it was down to gprs username and password being different from that shown on the online user manual but I've just proved that wrong.

I suspected the receiving problem was because my wife's phone (Nokia 6230i) was set to a high res and that my phone was timing out due to the larger file size, but it's only a 38K after her phone has scaled it down. (mine are 21K) It is strange though how it tries to download the message but stops after 50 seconds every time. Most messages do get though after varying amounts of time.

I've tried messing with the registry but still no luck.

Guest pjam001

Latest checks reveal that it is a resolution problem.

I can send and receive messages of 320x240 with no problems.

I really struggle to send and receive messages of 640x480.

This is a real pain as many people send the higher size.

Guest pjam001

T-mobile have confirmed that the mms system struggles with anything over 320 x 240. i have been lucky to get anything sent or delivered above this resolution.

Guest pjam001

i though it a bit strange. thought the restriction was more on overall message size. even the 640 x 480 photo's were less than 50k.

well at least i know now and i can ask people to send the smaller size.