sounds and notifications on spv m5000

Guest tori

Hi there. I just got my spv m5000, and I been putting my own ringtons and homescreens on the phone. But I can't found out where to put sounds for when you get a new text, voice, e-mail on the phone. when I paste and copy any in the sound folder, all and up as ringtones. How do a get new sounds to end up in the sounds and notifications function on the phone. Where do I put it after I have activesyncet, and paste and copy the sound I want, and put it where? Many thanks. Tori

Guest oink1

For txt alerts/alarms - Save (or convert) the files as .wav and place them in the \windows folder. For ringtones - Copy them to windows\rings or in explorer tap and hold the file you wish to use and select 'use as ringtone (or something along those lines! :) ) Hope this helps...

Paul

Thanks for your repy. But my spv m5000 don't have a \windows folder or a windows/rings folder. Mabye I did something wrong when I innstalled activsync on my pc. Or I have forgotten to tick something when I activsynct the pone. Please can anyone help. Thanks Tori. :)

Guest chucky.egg

You MUST have a \Windows folder!

Open File Explorer

In the top-left corner (just under where it says "File Explorer") you should have a little PDA icon. Tap it.

From the drop down list choose "My Device"

The window should update and list loads of folders and files, one of which will be Windows.

Thanks very much. Yes I did find the windows folder and I past and copy the sound I wanted in windows/rings folder. But it still only give you the sound as ringtone, I want it as a new text ,voice or e-mail. in the sound and notification function on the phone. How do I get it there. Thanks. Tori. :)

Guest chucky.egg

You can only use certain file formats for Ringtones and Message Tones.

I can't remember which one takes which format - but BOTH will accept PCM WAV files

Guest oink1
For txt alerts/alarms - Save (or convert) the files as .wav and place them in the \windows folder. For ringtones - Copy them to windows\rings or in explorer tap and hold the file you wish to use and select 'use as ringtone (or something along those lines! :) ) Hope this helps...

Paul

Thanks for all your help. But I still can't get sounds to work as text, voice, ect. alert. Get them to work as ringtones, no problem. And also when I activesync my phone, I don't seem to have a windows folder. Is that right or have I done somethings wrong when I installed it. I have it on my phone, but not in activesync. When I dobble click my device, dobble click my windows mobile-baset device, the last folder is program file.

The temp and windows folder is not there, like on the phone. Can someone tell me if that is the same on there spv m5000. And the same question, how to get sounds to work as text ect. alert. Tori :)

Guest jimbouk

The windows folder is hidden by default. In My computer, you need to go to Tools, Folder Options, VIEW tab, then select "Show hidden files and folders".

Then in activesync explorer, you explore to the windows folder and put WAV files in there and they will then appear in the drop down list for new texts etc, in sounds and notifications settings on your device.

Thank you very much. I just did what you said, and there it was. Been trying for days now whith no luck. So thank you again. Tori. :)

Guest jimbouk
Thank you very much. I just did what you said, and there it was. Been trying for days now whith no luck. So thank you again. Tori. :)

It's a pleasure...and if you want to buy me dinner, feel free!

;)

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
Guest okctmaxxer
Hi,

Why won't "Tori's" M5000 and, as it appears, my M3100 not play MP3 files as sound notifications when my C600 happily did?

Cheers

first post for me, first off I have a Cingular HTC 8125 Wizard, not yet unlocked, that is another question I have, but first, I have the ringer converted to wav format and it shows up in the notifications list but every time i select it the fone just beeps at me and then chooses the default sound I even cut the file down from 800k to 100k and still nothing. What am I doing wrong?