CABviaActiveSync FREE Edition now available!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest The_Flames

works really well, unless you have your program files on any drive other than C:

if the system variable %ProgramFiles% is used insted of a fixed path it would avoid the problem.

but this error only occures on my strange setup :)

Guest Paul (MVP)

CvAS 1.2 uploaded, with support for Program Files directories not on C:, and better handling of provisioning CABs (that cannot be installed via ActiveSync).

P

Guest genaldar

For some reason it doesn't seem to work for me. I just get a message "unable to install cab". I have an mpx220 and I'm running windows xp 64. The only files I've tried so far have been homescreen installs.

Guest niacin65
Just thought it would be helpful to mention that .net v2 is req to use this. dont know if this was mentioned when it was released.

Yes, and NOT .net v2 SP1, only version 2.0.50727 which is available here...

http://download.microsoft.com:80/download/1/5/d/15d08dfb-38e2-4350-8b4d-cee1f6ffbf4d/dotnetfx.exe

you have to remove any earlier .net version first, which may cause some other programs to malfunction, dependant on the version of .net they require.

Edited by niacin65

Guest Alexei

How do I turn it off?

I've downloaded an .msi installer of some software I want to install on my PC, but if I double click it, I get the CabviaActiveSync popping up and attempting to transfer it to my phone.

Guest Paul (MVP)

CvAS only activates when right clicking and explicitly selecting 'CABviaActiveSync', so you must have accidentally set up the MSI association yourself?

An uninstall perhaps.

P

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Alexei
CvAS only activates when right clicking and explicitly selecting 'CABviaActiveSync', so you must have accidentally set up the MSI association yourself?

An uninstall perhaps.

P

It's still a great program, but ut's annoying that it seems to have associated itself with all sorts of other files.

And I would uninstall it but it doesn't appear in my add/remove programs list, and there is no uninstaller.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest aphexii

Unfortunately i am having the same problem as another member, there is no option to remove the program in Add/Remove Programs.

Can you please let me know where the program is located and where it makes

• 4 weeks later...
Guest bjhanifin
Any feature requests?

Yes.

1. Instructions for manually uninstalling please.
  2. Entry in Add/Remove programs to allow non-technical people to uninstall.
If you can provide me with the location of the registry entries, and all of the files this installs, it would be much appreciated.

Your tool has been very useful... however, I have now discovered a free competitor which does not give me a nag screen every time it is run.

• 1 year later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.