Eureka! Moto Q with Columns

Guest jasperkins

Guest jasperkins

UPDATED- 8/16/06 - Updated to accomodate MotoQ WM5 update released from Verizon.

I had to update my XML code. In addition I added a few finsihing touches, with the help of Gadget.

The updated version now has a new background, and refined XML code.

You can still change the Windows Start Button in the middle of the screen to call what ever program, or process you want. I purposely left the code easy to adjust.

Jasper.

Here is the Version 2 XML Homescreen and new background:

Q_Columnns.v2.zip

Q_Columns.v2.home.xml post-192967-1155742236_thumb.jpg

pc_capture1.bmp post-192967-1155742283_thumb.jpg post-192967-1155742292_thumb.jpg

Wow- I thought I would never have this finished.

Finally I have the 4orangeh.dll working on the Motorola Q Smartphone. So what does this mean? Multiple Plugins per ROW :-)

Dont ask me for my version of 4orangeh.dll as it is licensed. I copied mine from an older Orange related phone.

There are 5 Rows. 4 of the Rows have multiple plugins per Row.

Row 1 has Missed Calls and Date / Carrier Plugins

Row 2 has Time then Message Counts plugins

Row 3 is scrolling for Outlook, Profile, VoiceMail, IE links, etc. (4 different plugins)

Row 4 is the Facade buttons

Row 5 is Facade and FizzWeather- 2 different plugins

So these 2 screenshots are just a taste of what the power of having multiple plugins per row can do.

Unfourtanetly I cant design graphics very well, or I would have made icons instead of a scrolling shortcut bar.

Alas the shortcut bar mught be better as any users can easily modify the code to include there shortcuts :-)

Here is the code. I'm done. 80 hours of cusing at the Orange pugin.... You can feel free to revise :-)

Note the Background was created and shared out. Credit goes to http://www.kooldezine.com/Q.htm for the design- which I just love.

You can change the background to whatever you want- I kept it simple as I cant design :-)

Jason

Edited by jasperkins

Guest Jamma14

Great work jasperkins, I know how annoying the orange plugin can be to get working properly but well done for putting in the effort, you've put it to great effect! People should use it more, it is really useful!

Just a word of warning to prk72, probably not a great idea to discuss problems with a download when doing so is breaking copyright. If you don't have a legit version, then don't discuss you problems with getting a non-legit one here. :)

James

Guest EvDoDonkey

GETTING THE SAME ERROR.

COPIED ALL THE FILES OVER TO APPLICATION DATA\HOME

IN RESCOE SELECT FILE-RUN W 4orangeh.dll IN THE Arguments filed, and it returns:

"Loadlibrary("4orangeh.dll") gailed. GetLastError return 80090006"

Guest prk72
EDIT please read the site rules.

I have a legitimate version, got it off my old AT&T SMT phone, and it doesn't change the fact it still doesn't work and I still need assistance getting it to work. An error is an error and we need help with the error.

Thanks.

Guest w411y

Jase... I admire your determination :) Well done

I hope you've submitted it to the downloads section of MoDaCo?

Edited by w411y

Guest jasperkins
Jase... I admire your determination :) Well done

I hope you've submitted it to the downloads section of MoDaCo?

I need to upload it to the Downloads site.

I wonder why so many people cant register "their" 4orange4.dll. I dont think the Motorola Q is "locked". Maybe I need to do a soft-reset and see again. Maybe the phone is locked....its been awhile.

thanks everyone for your kind words and help. I would have never completed it without the help of this site.

Jason

Guest nexvision
I need to upload it to the Downloads site.

I wonder why so many people cant register "their" 4orange4.dll. I dont think the Motorola Q is "locked". Maybe I need to do a soft-reset and see again. Maybe the phone is locked....its been awhile.

thanks everyone for your kind words and help. I would have never completed it without the help of this site.

Jason

I think it has to do with a bad orange.dll i searched and found another and it worked.

Guest EvDoDonkey

help: Finally got the orange dll registered. I've never used facade before, so I downloaded the trial version. I select q_colums as my theme, but after it loads, I get a home screen with a white page and error message that says the seleceted layout cannot be loaded.

any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Guest w411y

One Q Jasperkins... whats all this for?...

<!-- prog plugin! -->

<plugin clsid="{856CB5C4-5B27-4b64-8FB9-7E3E4987E0D1}" height="25" autoheight="false"/>

<!-- OTA plugin! -->

<plugin clsid="{52E26FD7-2A56-4e2a-988B-2B90A96B90EF}" height="25" autoheight="false"/>

<!-- E911 plugin! -->

<plugin clsid="{6B9D9399-0F93-4ba1-9DC7-483FE4877E6D}" height="25" autoheight="false"/>

<!-- DataInfo plugin! -->

<plugin clsid="{B9E6C503-F261-4373-A88B-0B7ACF6BC347}" height="25" autoheight="false"/>

<!-- TTY_DFMode plugin! -->

<plugin clsid="{30DF3430-0266-11cf-BAA6-00AA003E0EED}" height="25" autoheight="false"/>

Guest Jamma14
One Q Jasperkins... whats all this for?...

<!-- prog plugin! -->

<plugin clsid="{856CB5C4-5B27-4b64-8FB9-7E3E4987E0D1}" height="25" autoheight="false"/>

<!-- OTA plugin! -->

<plugin clsid="{52E26FD7-2A56-4e2a-988B-2B90A96B90EF}" height="25" autoheight="false"/>

<!-- E911 plugin! -->

<plugin clsid="{6B9D9399-0F93-4ba1-9DC7-483FE4877E6D}" height="25" autoheight="false"/>

<plugin clsid="{B9E6C503-F261-4373-A88B-0B7ACF6BC347}" height="25" autoheight="false"/>

<plugin clsid="{30DF3430-0266-11cf-BAA6-00AA003E0EED}" height="25" autoheight="false"/>

Yeh I'd wondered the same thing...guess it's just special Moto Q stuff??

Guest sabu241
Wow- I thought I would never have this finished.

Finally I have the 4orangeh.dll working on the Motorola Q Smartphone. So what does this mean? Multiple Plugins per ROW :-)

Dont ask me for my version of 4orangeh.dll as it is licensed. I copied mine from an older Orange related phone.

There are 5 Rows. 4 of the Rows have multiple plugins per Row.

Row 1 has Missed Calls and Date / Carrier Plugins

Row 2 has Time then Message Counts plugins

Row 3 is scrolling for Outlook, Profile, VoiceMail, IE links, etc. (4 different plugins)

Row 4 is the Facade buttons

Row 5 is Facade and FizzWeather- 2 different plugins

So these 2 screenshots are just a taste of what the power of having multiple plugins per row can do.

Unfourtanetly I cant design graphics very well, or I would have made icons instead of a scrolling shortcut bar.

Alas the shortcut bar mught be better as any users can easily modify the code to include there shortcuts :-)

Here is the code. I'm done. 80 hours of cusing at the Orange pugin.... You can feel free to revise :-)

Note the Background was created and shared out. Credit goes to http://www.kooldezine.com/Q.htm for the design- which I just love.

You can change the background to whatever you want- I kept it simple as I cant design :-)

Jason

Thanks so much. Everything is working pefrectly except that Fizz weather does not show up. I have the program and it shows on other homescreens. Any advice to help with muy stupidity???

Thanks again

Edited by sabu241

Guest sabu241
Thanks so much. Everything is working pefrectly except that Fizz weather does not show up. I have the program and it shows on other homescreens. Any advice to help with muy stupidity???

Thanks again

Never mind I had to change the CLSID to match mine. Now Only 1 1/2 days weather.show on screen. How do i move the Fizz Weather towards center more. Thanks. Again this is EXCELLENT

Guest ekopapers

hmmmm my fizz weather isnt showing either how would I go about finding what my clsid is to change it in the xml? thanks

*edit * gotit thanks

heres an itunes theme using the orange plugin

theme requirements:

1. orange plugin

2. facade

3. Fizz Weather

install dirrections just in case anyone needs them:

1. Copy itunesO.home.xml to \\Application Data\Home on the Motorola Q

2. Copy the itunes folder and its contents to \\Application Data\Home

clickhere to dl itunes O theme

itunesoox6.jpg

Also here is a port of Chromium by Juni for use with the orange plugin and moto q

requires the same as above

clickhere to dl chromium O theme

chromiumoyw3.jpg

Edited by ekopapers

Guest w411y

@Ekopapers... submit them to the download section ;) More people will find them there. (obviously showing credit to Jasperkins and Juni :) ) But yeh submit them and help the site out :D

Edited by w411y

Guest jasperkins
@Ekopapers... submit them to the download section ;) More people will find them there. (obviously showing credit to Jasperkins and Juni :) ) But yeh submit them and help the site out :D

Great revise Ekopapers. Keep the updates coming. things will only improve.

J.

Guest jasperkins
Any chance of answering my above question Jase? About all the plugins at the top?

Yes these plugins might be for only Verizon Wireless Networks.

<!-- prog plugin! -->

- Not exactly sure, However I think its an active icon in the icon bar when VZW is pushing out an update.

<!-- OTA plugin! -->

- An icon in the icon bar is active when OTA (over the air) programming.

<!-- E911 plugin! -->

- E911= Enhanced 911. Allows operators to see your location when placing 911 calls

- shows icon in iconbar when data transfer is occuring

+

- Shows icon when the phone is TTY data mode

Guest w411y
<!-- E911 plugin! -->

- E911= Enhanced 911. Allows operators to see your location when placing 911 calls

Thats a good idea. Wierd its featured in a homescreen. Should be standard on the phone not having to be included on the homescreen

Ok jasperkins, I got this working. However I have a couple of questions about it and you've probably already answered them between here and other forums but I am going to give it a shot and ask.

#1. MMS only shows parenthesis without the 0, why? (not really a big deal but i like things uniform because I can be OC about them lol)

#2. When changing tabs on the test messaging area it goes from Profile to Blank to Text Messages to Open Qusers.com. Where are the tabs for Outlook and MMS and Voicemail?

#3. Does the Email alerts only work with activesync? I run wireless sync exclusively for my email pushs. If so can it be changed to wireless sync?

#4. I am currently running trial versions of fizz weather, papyrus, and facade. When the trials run out, will this homescreen break? Or just those parts will stop working?

All in all I found this to be the best homescreen yet...at least for me. Those companys that make fizz, papyrus, and facade should give you some money because if I have no problems with this I will be paying for their products as I just love the homescreen.

Thanks in advance for help with my questions!!

Ok jasperkins, I got this working. However I have a couple of questions about it and you've probably already answered them between here and other forums but I am going to give it a shot and ask.

#1. MMS only shows parenthesis without the 0, why? (not really a big deal but i like things uniform because I can be OC about them lol)

#2. When changing tabs on the test messaging area it goes from Profile to Blank to Text Messages to Open Qusers.com. Where are the tabs for Outlook and MMS and Voicemail?

#3. Does the Email alerts only work with activesync? I run wireless sync exclusively for my email pushs. If so can it be changed to wireless sync?

#4. I am currently running trial versions of fizz weather, papyrus, and facade. When the trials run out, will this homescreen break? Or just those parts will stop working?

All in all I found this to be the best homescreen yet...at least for me. Those companys that make fizz, papyrus, and facade should give you some money because if I have no problems with this I will be paying for their products as I just love the homescreen.

Thanks in advance for help with my questions!!

Well I've answered #2 and #3 of my questions while driving home. For those interested:

#2 -- The tabs for outlook and voicemail show up but only after you get a voicemail or a email. Thats fine, I guess it would be redundant to have them there when not needed...even if I am OCD lol. Didn't get any MMS yet but I almost never do.

#3 -- Wireless sync works with the email alerts just fine. While I was on the way home I received an email...spam but thats fine and the alert showed up as intended.

Still wondering about #1 and #4 though if anyone could help. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest gte619n

Hey Guys,

I'm gearing up to write my own Home Screen utilizing this kind of multiple line deal and I had a quesiton about the icon bar at the top. The height of the icon bar is larger than the damn pertinent text in the screen. Is there any way to make the icon bar smaller? I think you could get away with 15 px if you could redo a couple of the icons. Has anybody tried to do this?

Also, I was wondering what everyone uses to preview the screen on their desktop. Certainly there is a program out there that will allow you to do this? What about utilizing the Motorola Q Emunlator that is included in some of the development packages. Has anybody tried that?

Also, the idea for my screen is going to be one that attempts to greatly reduce the number of redundant icons/buttons/notifications and stuff. I was wondering if it is possible to have a 2-screen home screen. Basically, the standard home view with a large clock, etc... then, you scoll down (hopefully only one push of the down rocker) and the thing pops to a different screen containing all the Facade/Papyrus/Launcher/Schedule stuff?

Is that possible?

Evan