Here's what I did step by step (since we upgraded to Goodlink 4.9 yesterday I had to do it quite a few times...)
Please mind you this is on a Imate ROM, but I believe the steps are pretty much the same for the Qtek ROM (perhaps not Dopod though)...
1. Hard Reset (make sure every piece of memory was free)
2. Set up GPRS connections
3. Application unlock the phone (important for moving certain files) - check out step 1 of the following post if you need help with this: http://www.modaco.co...howtopic=235408
4. Connect USB and ActiveSync for the first time (uncheck everything - you don't want to lost valuable space)
5. I created a folder on my desktop and named it Phone Backup
6. In Windows turn on the options for Viewing Hidden Files and Don't Hide Protected System Files (there are a couple of hidden ones on here)
7. I cut and pasted the following files and directories from the phone into the Phone Backup folder to free space on the phone:
- Everything in the My Documents folder: Including all the sounds, My Pictures, Templates (and subfolders), and UAContents
- In the Application Data folder: All home screens except Simple (make sure to change to that one first); and the \Tao folder (there is a larger zip file in a subfolder called rofs_target.zip)
- In the Windows\Start Menu folder: Pretty much cut and paste all shortcuts except for vital ones such as IE, Settings, and File Manager
It's important to make sure you got every sub folder before deleting off of the phone as sometimes folders copy but don't bring their contents - in this case just do it manually.
8. There should now be enough space ~12MB to install Goodlink. I navigated on the phone to http://get.good.com
from my phone and did the OTA install.
9. When the entire process was complete, I moved everything back from my desktop onto the phone (as I mentioned make sure to double check every sub folder and move manually if needed).
10. When everything is done you can also remove OTA Setup from the REMOVE PROGRAMS menu on the phone as you won't need this anymore.
I did this trial and error so many times, as it took forever to find just enough space to do this because most files are protected on the phone and won't let you move/delete them....
I hope this helps!