My StrTrk IMEI ends in '8500'!

Guest fluffcat1

Guest fluffcat1

I need to get out more. I've just noticed my Qtek 8500's IMEI is 358167XXXXXXX8500 and I feel the need to tell everyone. Saaaaaad.... :)

Richard

Edited by fluffcat1

Guest fluffcat1
But is it a pink one ? or did you go for the black one :)

Oh do keep up! It's black! Check the stripdown guide for pictures...

I doubt the pink one actually exists TBH...

Richard

Guest w411y
Oh do keep up! It's black! Check the stripdown guide for pictures...

I doubt the pink one actually exists TBH...

Richard

Theres a vid of a pink one on youtube. So at least 1 exists :)

I need to get out more. I've just noticed my Qtek 8500's IMEI is 358167XXXXXXX8500 and I feel the need to tell everyone. Saaaaaad.... :)

Richard

Here's another cool thing I just noticed about the phone.

If you take the cover off it turns the phone off (so not really cool, more of a pain in the ar$e ;) ) There's a little black button that gets pushed in when the cover is on. Wonder why they added this "feature"

any way if you've not yet noticed it and you're really bored that might entertain you for about 2 mins :D

gR

Edited by Guest

Guest fluffcat1

If you take the cover off it turns the phone off (so not really cool, more of a pain in the ar$e :) ) There's a little black button that gets pushed in when the cover is on. Wonder why they added this "feature"

any way if you've not yet noticed it and you're really bored that might entertain you for about 2 mins ;)

gR

It's also a feature of their recent PPC's although some implement it ( eg magician) and some don't ( eg universal) although the hardware ( microswitch and prodder) is there.

Richard

• 2 months later...
Guest muthurajan
I need to get out more. I've just noticed my Qtek 8500's IMEI is 358167XXXXXXX8500 and I feel the need to tell everyone. Saaaaaad.... :rolleyes:

Richard

Mine is a Smartflip and it ends in 8600.... :(

• 1 month later...
Guest snesdude

If you take the cover off it turns the phone off (so not really cool, more of a pain in the ar$e :) ) There's a little black button that gets pushed in when the cover is on. Wonder why they added this "feature"

any way if you've not yet noticed it and you're really bored that might entertain you for about 2 mins :D

gR

I noticed this almost immediately after I got my microSD card; I thought that perhaps I could cheat the slot and hotswap it in/out, but instead found the phone turning off when I opened it up. Maybe they don't want us accidentally (or purposefully) taking the battery or sim card out while it is on.