1 reply to this topic

nowimboard

nowimboard

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts
  • Devices:HTC Touch Dual
Firstly before the moderators get all angry/deletey with out knowing the full facts, :)

I have been given by work, TomTom Navigator 5 (as I bought my own GPS receiver) as I was led to believe that it will work on the m5000.

They popped all the files on an SD card and told me it would install. Since it didnít I tried the update from the Tomtom website, which I found using google as the entry said it would allow it to work on the phone.

I have the IT guys are giving me the CD today but what I wanted to know was A) if the software will work on the M5000 or do I need TomTom Mobile? :D

If it is supposed to work, how should I go about it? What am I doing wrong? And is this going to piss of the mods still?
;)

I understand from the Modsí that Second Hand Tomtom software threads are not allowed, sorry for the confusion. However this isnít second hand, my work place have bought the software and said theyíd give me one as Iíd forked out for a receiver!
Canít see how this applies to the rule. If it does (which is madness) then Iím sorry. :(

John

Edited by nowimboard, 28 July 2006 - 07:48 AM.

Nowimboard: Known for his thread killing skills

Shaunfarris

Shaunfarris

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • Devices:Orange SPV M5000
Firstly, TomTom works perfectly on the M5000, installed on mine without a hitch and has run faultlessly for 3 months now.

However I don't know if it works on the M500 as as each of this Pocket PC's do appear to be different in how they handle TomTom, my old M2000 use to run it fine but installing it was a nightmare and always had a issue when using bluetooth headset and bluetooth gps the gps would stop while the headset was in use, but like I say the M5000 is faultless.

Current Phone Orange SPV M5000
Device Profile:
Operator Version : 7.130.1.174
ROM Version : 1.30.90 WWE
ROM Date : 02/24/06
Radio Version : 1.13.00
Protocol Version : 42.47.P8
ExtROM Version : 1.30.174 WWE

Phone History:-
SPV M5000, SPV M2000, Nokia 6600, Samsung P510, Samsung V200, Nokia 7210, Nokia 8310, Nokia 8210, Nokia 3330, Nokia 7110, Nokia 3210, Nokia 5110, Nokia 640, Ericsson GH688, Ericsson GA318, Motorola Micro Tac

www.shaunfarris.co.uk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users