167 replies to this topic

jimbouk

jimbouk

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,721 posts
  • Devices:HTC Diamond
I think my lazy "e" has been to the gym!

But I have noticed that when I am in landscape mode at Today screen and I press the top Messaging button, the top bar flicks up with whichever email account I last used, then it flicks back to Today. Another press and it loads the messaging screen.

Doesn't seem to have any problems if I click the messaging plugin on the screen or if I use the messaging top button when in portrait.

Touch HD runnign Dutty's latest rom

cclboss

cclboss

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
I have a TyTN and the first one I had had a couple of sticky keys (E, Space, P) so I exhcanged for another one. This seems more stable but still have one half-sticky R (need to press it harder than the others to make sure it registers). I think this is more of a hardware problem (quality control of the keyboard circuit board).

On the other hand, I have noticed that the device is not as stable as my old K-Jam. There are occasions where it froze. I've turned it off (completely and not hibernate) altogether on the plance and after I landed, I took out my phone and the display is on full blast with the phone frozen at the today screen. Somehow it turned back on and drained quite a bit of battery. This happened on another occasion but is difficult to repeat. Also, there are the occasionaly freeze/hang up that requires a reset.

I hope an impending firmware upgrade would solve some of these.

Pondrew

Pondrew

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,404 posts
  • Devices:MDA Vario II

Odd. My Vario II is not vibrating...I dont want to do a hard reset as I just set the thing up!

DaBeeeenster, did you install Paul's LED disabling software? If so that'll be why your virbate won't work. The LED disabler disables vibrate function as well...

To all, when stating bugs/issues on your HTC Hermes can you state the Model ID (eg, HERM100/HERM200/HERM300) as well as the device name. Just for those who don't know which model is which.

If you wanted to get into analysing bugs/issues between batches you could also state the prefix of your serial number...

DaBeeeenster

DaBeeeenster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Devices:Orange M500

DaBeeeenster, did you install Paul's LED disabling software? If so that'll be why your virbate won't work. The LED disabler disables vibrate function as well...

To all, when stating bugs/issues on your HTC Hermes can you state the Model ID (eg, HERM100/HERM200/HERM300) as well as the device name. Just for those who don't know which model is which.

If you wanted to get into analysing bugs/issues between batches you could also state the prefix of your serial number...

Ahhh! yes I did install it. Why does it turn off the vibrate?!?!?!

Pondrew

Pondrew

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,404 posts
  • Devices:MDA Vario II
Apparently the led .dll that the program disables also controls the vibrate function...

DaBeeeenster

DaBeeeenster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Apparently the led .dll that the program disables also controls the vibrate function...

How annoying! Ho well.

sgray

sgray

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
hello my m3100 periodically locks up when its asleep and won't come back in to life.. the yellow LED shows it is still on the network, but the thing is dead. not even ringing it will make it wake up - i have to pull out the battery and power up again.

very annoying.. anyone else had this?

cclboss

cclboss

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

hello my m3100 periodically locks up when its asleep and won't come back in to life.. the yellow LED shows it is still on the network, but the thing is dead. not even ringing it will make it wake up - i have to pull out the battery and power up again.

very annoying.. anyone else had this?

My TyTN also has this problem on occasions but it's something that can be easily repeated so not sure what the real cause is. I've had instances when the phone is completely off (not standby) and for no reason it got turned on and the back light is on full but the phone is frozen. Drew a lot of juice from the battery.

Aqu4rius

Aqu4rius

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Devices:MDA Compact
my vario 2's biggest probl;em at the moment is battery life!

doesnt see mto last very long at all.
and because there is no seperate handsfree connection, i cannot charge whilst driving! :D

DaBeeeenster

DaBeeeenster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

my vario 2's biggest probl;em at the moment is battery life!
doesnt see mto last very long at all.
and because there is no seperate handsfree connection, i cannot charge whilst driving! :D

What about a bluetooth headset?

Aqu4rius

Aqu4rius

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
also cant seem to install tom tom5 on it! :D

eaglesrest

eaglesrest

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Devices:SPV M3100

Not even a slight hum out of mine.

After a hard reset with the Orange stock setup, worked perfectly so I either did something wrong (although I checked everything to do with vibrate settings) or an app or utility I installed caused an issue with it

Did you have MS Voice Command installed? That stops it vibrating I think.

randomelements

randomelements

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts
For some reason, the keyboard backlight on my Vario II has stopped coming on completely - I may have to reset the phone and see if it was anything that I did during my tweaking that did it.

Colin Walker
Blog

Helix

Helix

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia i900

My battery status seems to often think it's charging when it's not when I first turn on, a short while later it stabilises. Anyone else seen that?

I have the same issue. Might be more of a software bug???

Onto another issue...

I also have a problem with the preinstalled 'Phone' application not wanting to close, it will minimise but never close. 'Magic Button' software really doesnt like it and always stuggles to close it.

Anyone had this problem? Or is the software not meant to close because it is never displayed in Running Programs.

craighome

craighome

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Did you have MS Voice Command installed? That stops it vibrating I think.

I did not, but I did have the leds disabled, which has since been found to also turn off vibrate.

Mystery solved!. I need the vibrate more than turning the leds offso thats how it will stay!

Regards

Craig

randomelements

randomelements

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts
Did a hard reset on my Vario and the keyboard backlight is now okay - don't know what happened there!

Colin Walker
Blog

satman

satman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
One issue I found

I stuck a thin metal plate on the battery then put the cover on, as I have a magnetic holder in my car by the rearview mirror to hold the phone while I drive.

On my M500 this was fine (perfect for TomTom with a bluetooth gps), but on the M3100 the magnet triggers the Keyboard Open sensor and flips the screen to landscape. Anyone found a way to disable the keyboard out sensor in software?

ian_dazookeeper

ian_dazookeeper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Devices:E200 and M500
could just just not mount the phone on its side if its magnetic?

Aqu4rius

Aqu4rius

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
my vario 2 does not recognise my car charger untill i reset the phone.

rememebr this also happend with my t-mobile branded mda compact, which didnt happen when i switched to a Imate version.

any idea how to solve this, without having to reset each time?

thanks

matho

matho

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

my vario 2 does not recognise my car charger untill i reset the phone.

rememebr this also happend with my t-mobile branded mda compact, which didnt happen when i switched to a Imate version.
any idea how to solve this, without having to reset each time?

thanks

I noticed that my phone can take up to 30 seconds to start charging when plugged into my car charger, which a cigaretter lighter plug with a USB socket on it - very useful! Does yours eventually start charging if you leave it for a while, or do you definitely need to reset?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users