T mobile Co-pilot question

Guest CJL

Time for my first post

I am looking at getting the new vario 2 when it becomes available. The only trouble I am having a the moment is deciding weather to get it with their co-pilot.

If I get it without is it available to purchase later, or is there better alternatives?

Thanks

Jamie

Guest Samsonite

you can buy any number of SatNav packages later but dont forget to factor in the cost of the Bluetooth GPS unit when buying later...

The CoPilot s/ware only is about

Guest jimbouk
you can buy any number of SatNav packages later but dont forget to factor in the cost of the Bluetooth GPS unit when buying later...

The CoPilot s/ware only is about

Guest gingerprince

I too am hoping for Vario II with Copilot, however I'm not sure they'll bundle it. Copilot live comes on Mini-SD, however the Vario II has Micro-SD. Now clearly this isn't a huge issue because one can easily use a card reader to transfer the software, however from a "consumer buying an all in one" thing I would guess T-Mobile wouldn't want the hassle.

Hope I'm wrong though!

Guest jimbouk

I dont think you even need a card reader to transfer the necessary files from the supplied quickstart SD/MiniSD onto a Micro SD. On ALK's site, they tell you how to create your own quickstart card and you can thus just use explorer to copy the files across using activesync.

Guest gingerprince
I dont think you even need a card reader to transfer the necessary files from the supplied quickstart SD/MiniSD onto a Micro SD. On ALK's site, they tell you how to create your own quickstart card and you can thus just use explorer to copy the files across using activesync.

Eggcellent

Is the bundle available yet...?

What about now...?

What about now...?

:)

Guest Spr1ngy

One extra you get by buying CoPilot from T-Mobile is you get 1 Years Subscription to the Traffic Live Updates which is an extra cost to all other users... that is when ALK get their arses in gear and release it to the rest of us

Guest jimbouk
Well it will be if it flaming turns up tomorrow!

Why aren't all ebayers as conscientious as me?

It DID! Am just planning a trip from my study to the end of the garden. I may be some time...

Guest jimbouk
Have you found your way back yet?

Glad it turned up OK - you got a bargain :D

Cheers Confucious.

It is a very neat piece of kit. I love the fact the gps unit comes charged so you can play straight away.

Comes with a quickstart mini sd, but if you install onto pc, and then install onto the 3100's micro sd and copy UK map onto it, it only takes about 140mb on the card, so you can have complete uk maps on the same card as your music/pics/mail attachments.