Battery Drain "bug"?

Guest _Belial

Guest _Belial

Hi all,

Only got my M3100 yesterday, got it all setup how i want and charged it all up via usb, lovely.

I get to my PC this morning and see the LED on the phone is red and lo and behold battery is completely drained!

Could there be a bug with the phone whereas if you leave it connected to the USB overnight but your PC off so it's not charging then the battery depletes? I can't think of any other explanation of why the battery would discharge so quickly overnight?

I'll try it again tonight and see if it does the same.

Guest jimbouk

If the pc is completely off the USB connection should be dead and thus not recognised by the device as even being there. I think some pc's do however leave power to the USB ports (for wake-on activity functions) and I wonder if your device has been trying unsuccessfully to sync all night?

Guest awarner (MVP)

If you turned off your PC last night then the battery on the phone will drin down as the power is then dissipated via the PC.

It's a know feature and not a bug as such I have seen this hapen on most devices.

Golden rule don't leave your phone connected to a pc when the pc is off :)

Guest _Belial
If you turned off your PC last night then the battery on the phone will drin down as the power is then dissipated via the PC.

It's a know feature and not a bug as such I have seen this hapen on most devices.

Golden rule don't leave your phone connected to a pc when the pc is off :)

Well this will be the first phone i've had that it's happened with then, so I doubt it's a common feature amongs all usb phones. Certainly never happened with my C500, C550, or K-Jam, they were kept connected to the PC all day long with no problems.

Guest Ingvarr

This should not happen if everything is working properly.

USB host (PC) supplies power to usb function (PDA), not the other way. Current cant just "reverse direction" and "flow other way".

Never happened to me on any other device...

Edited by Ingvarr

Guest jimbouk

As I said, if the pc is "off" but monitoring the USB ports for "wake-on" functionality then the device may see it as a sync partner.

Having said that, why leave it plugged in to a pc thats switched off anyway? In my experience, powering up a pc with mobile devices already connected can cause problems.

Guest Laser_iCE

Never had it happen to me, however, if you have your screen brightness turned up full, your wifi/BT turned on as well as a lot of programs still running, then there is a good chance that it will drain the battery as USB doesn't pump out as much voltage as the AC charger.