Orange M3100 - Currently Out of Stock

Guest dodgybob

Guest dodgybob

Hi Guys {long time no post}, :P

After Paul's ace review and all the +ve feedback i got from Modaco members about the M3100 I decided that the M3100 is a worthy successor to a M5000+C500 setup I own currently.

I phoned up O and they said they don't have any 3100's left. They had some in yesterday... but they sold out within a day. :D

Apparently, it costs

Edited by dodgybob

Guest Dr Who

Long time no post indeed! Member No. 11, eh?

I have no idea what 'band' I am but I spend a LOT with Orange over two handsets and they have made absolutely no effort to offer me anything over and above the standard upgrade offer. Nothing. Nix. I have even asked for the PAC code for one handset and even that didn't stir them from their apathy. I am going to pay up my other contrac and leave. My average yearly spend is probably around the

Guest ZeroK66
Hi Guys {long time no post}, :P

After Paul's ace review and all the +ve feedback i got from Modaco members about the M3100 I decided that the M3100 is a worthy successor to a M5000+C500 setup I own currently.

I phoned up O and they said they don't have any 3100's left. They had some in yesterday... but they sold out within a day. :D

Apparently, it costs

Guest dodgybob

#11... didn't even realise {i have something to gloat about now :P )

I spoke to my friend after posting coz I thought that it was too good to be true. Apparently he said the following things that you can try (But from what you have been saying you sound like a business customer. I don't know how their retentions work):

Phone Retentions and say the following:

- I have reached 9 months of my 12 month contract (be genuine as they can see your details in front of them), therefore I can have a non-upgrade-fee upgrade (i.e. don't have to pay a charge on top of the handset price).

- I am interested in the SPV M3100 PDA Phone.

- I have recieved calls from other companies like T-Mobile and O2 offering their equivalent products (the O2 whatever and the T-Mobile MDA Vario II) for

Has anyone managed to get a M3100 since last Thursday? Which I believe was when Orange went out of stock.

The management at O really need a slap in the face. They must be loosing quite a bit of money by handing out all these M3100's to low end tarrif owners.

Guest puiumeu
Has anyone managed to get a M3100 since last Thursday? Which I believe was when Orange went out of stock.

The management at O really need a slap in the face. They must be loosing quite a bit of money by handing out all these M3100's to low end tarrif owners.

Got mine last night from the Orange Shop in Edinburgh. OCS suggested I go get on there. I had to pay

Guest claremont4

I upgraded only 3 months ago to the SPV M5000 but ended up selling it on ebay as it was a beast to carry around.

I phoned up last Friday and asked if I could upgrade. They were going to charge me

Guest Trancemaster

Hey all, seriously long time since my last post!

I called Orange yesterday to "discuss" upgrading my phone. My contract expired in February and I did consider cancelling but never got around to it. I was using the M2000 but finally got sick of its size and the irritating bug where people can hear you but you can't hear them and the only fix is a reboot, and ended up buying an E200 off ebay (my original one having stopped working when my ex threw it at a wall several times).

Anyway, I stated to CS that I was an SPV user through and through and that I was interested in this new model. I was told I could have the M3100 for

Edited by Trancemaster

Guest jimbouk

Some Orange shops will oblige but others follow the new customers only line. Best thing to do is to ring a few local orange shops and see if they have stock. My local shop rang me back last Saturday to say they had some in and I could have one (I told them I was answering the call on the 3100 I got from Orange Direct).

They do keep getting some stock in to Orange (I think they look at how many new customers are taking them and if less than expected they release some to Upgrades).

If it was me I would call daily - but if you aren't on a premier plan then expect a long call queue.

Guest Trancemaster

I took your advice Jimbo and rang O again on Friday to ask if the M3100 was in stock again yet. The first woman I spoke to asked whether I was enquiring about a new connection or an upgrade. I asked if that made a difference but she said "only to the department I put you through to". The second person confirmed that I was on the waiting list and that I would be getting it free but that they are still out of stock but that I am likely to get one quicker than people waiting for "normal" upgrades because I went through retentions.

I also went into my local Orange shop on Saturday. They had stock and said they were available to both new and existing customers. Said he would check with CS and see what deal he could work me out. Had a bit of a play with it while he did the salesmans pitch then said the phone would be

Guest john.-h

from my past experience i have always upgraded for free, apart from my last one a m5000 which i ended paying around 100 pounds for after trying everything to get it for free.i have until 23 nov when my 12 months run out and have been with orange for about 7 years.tried once last week just spoke to cs and was told bluntly, call back in 3 months? i think it all depends on who you speak to...

Guest dodgybob

I finally phoned up O last week and haggled with the Retentions team. They are giving the phone for me for free. BUT... as everyone else pointed out the phone is still out of stock. I'm on the waiting list. AKA Long Time.

Note: I am a Band 3 User, Currently on the Your Plan 120

Guest flubman

Hello All,

My modaco cherry popped with my first post!

I spoke to O around 0930 this morning and got some info. There were at that time 631 backorders from the retentions department for the SPV M3100. Number 1 on the list was placed on the list on 11th Aug. The backlog was 'being worked on' i.e. the 'outbound team' are slowly making their way through the list.

I was placed on the list on 16th, so hoping to get the call soon. Who knows how O prioritise things, but I was happy with the way my enquirey was dealt with.

Good luck to everybody else in the Backlog lottery!

Regards

I spoke to O around 0930 this morning and got some info. There were at that time 631 backorders from the retentions department for the SPV M3100. Number 1 on the list was placed on the list on 11th Aug. The backlog was 'being worked on' i.e. the 'outbound team' are slowly making their way through the list.

Whoa!!!! That is a seriously long list - I just hope they get new stock in batches of 1000 a week rather than 100, otherwise I'll be waiting another six weeks.....I only joined the list last night, so I've gotta be >550th at least :D

Let's just hope the newer deliveries have batch numbers after HT630, else Orange will get half of them sent back :D

Fingers crossed for a huge and speedy delivery to Banbury quite soon :D

Mark.

Guest concise

Another cherry pop!

Placed my order with retentions yesterday afternoon. Fingers crossed!

They have a couple at the store in Guildford though apparently! :D

Guest Laser_iCE

Seriously, we have NOTHING like that in Australia. They're all just as expensive as the other, and no carriers really stock any of these sort of devices except for Telstra, who are the scummiest and most expensive of them all... I'm seriously considering setting up VoIP and a robotic arm so I can have a phone over in the UK, control it from here, and make phonecalls and whatever else at all these cheap rates :D

Guest UKViking

All mobile operator sales people seem to be really grumpy when you ask about the SPV 3100, Vaio II or v1605. They all tell you it's out of stock or waiting for quality control clearance.

I called up Orange to ask about the SPV 3100 and they abruptly told me it was out of stock. I then called to cancel my contract with them (i want to go with t-mobile). the disconnections team gave me my PAC number without any challenge whatsoever!!! Just said thanks and bye!! Wierd huh. I then called again and told the lady I was interested in the SPV 3100, and she said that if I upgraded she had one in stock for me! It seems like they DO have SOME in stock, even when they sometimes say they are out of stock.