Vodafone v1605 - modify Today Screen settings

Guest dubblevision

Guest dubblevision

Trying to change the Today Screen settings but the options button is greyed out on my Vodafone VPA III v1605. Installed WM5 with the Vodafone ROM version 1.20.161.5, dated 06/06/06.

Used start > settings > Today > Items > select Vodafone Calendar, try 'options' button but it is greyed out!

Tried reg edits from XDA Dev but program would not me change using BreakSoft and regeditSTG

Any ideas, manual says I should be able to do it, just called vodafone technical support, suggested a hard reset may help but not keen to do as this is the 3rd device I've set-up in the last 3 weeks.

Help !!!!

Trying to change the Today Screen settings but the options button is greyed out on my Vodafone VPA III v1605. Installed WM5 with the Vodafone ROM version 1.20.161.5, dated 06/06/06.

Used start > settings > Today > Items > select Vodafone Calendar, try 'options' button but it is greyed out!

Tried reg edits from XDA Dev but program would not me change using BreakSoft and regeditSTG

Any ideas, manual says I should be able to do it, just called vodafone technical support, suggested a hard reset may help but not keen to do as this is the 3rd device I've set-up in the last 3 weeks.

Help !!!!

See my reply to your question in the Must-Have-Software thread:

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?showtopic=243906&st=42

Guest dubblevision
See my reply to your question in the Must-Have-Software thread:

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?showtopic=243906&st=42

Good news, resco explorer did the regedit trick, thanks.

Still no options on calendar available, can see the reg entry, thought about changing the DWORD value from 0 to 1, but lost my nerve when coming to save it, any ideas what value it is on other WM5 without the VF ROM?....

Good news, resco explorer did the regedit trick, thanks.

Still no options on calendar available, can see the reg entry, thought about changing the DWORD value from 0 to 1, but lost my nerve when coming to save it, any ideas what value it is on other WM5 without the VF ROM?....

I've tried changing the 'Options' DWORD to 1 and it does enable the Options button, but no options come up...

Funnily enough, I've just been trying to work out how to get the default Calendar plugin and I think I've cracked it! :D

I've managed to restore the default Calendar and Tasks plugins to the Today screen. These are the registry keys you'll need:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Today\Items\"Calendar"]

"Flags"=dword:00000000

"Type"=dword:00000001

"Order"=dword:00000000

"Enabled"=dword:00000001

"Selectability"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Today\Items\"Tasks"]

"Type"=dword:00000003

Both Calendar and Tasks should now appear in the Settings>Today>Items list and will have the options button enabled so that you can configure what you want to appear in each of them.

DISCLAIMER: Fiddling with the registry can seriously damage your device! Apply the above tweaks at your own risk!

Edited by matho

Guest dubblevision
I've tried changing the 'Options' DWORD to 1 and it does enable the Options button, but no options come up...

Funnily enough, I've just been trying to work out how to get the default Calendar plugin and I think I've cracked it! :D

I've managed to restore the default Calendar and Tasks plugins to the Today screen. These are the registry keys you'll need:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Today\Items\"Calendar"]

"Type"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Today\Items\"Tasks"]

"Type"=dword:00000003

Both Calendar and Tasks should now appear in the Settings>Today>Items list and will have the options button enabled so that you can configure what you want to appear in each of them.

DISCLAIMER: Fiddling with the registry can seriously damage your device! Apply the above tweaks at your own risk!

Fantastic, how infuriating was that, vodafone should know better, thanks dude.

The calendar and tasks reg edits did the trick, even impressed with resco file explorer, i might even buy it.

Thanks for all your help! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D