Simple prob with SBP weather software

Guest farmgorgon

Guest farmgorgon

I've just downloaded and installed the SBP weather thing. I've set it to London but it displays on the today screen next to the icon "error downloading data from site". I presume this is to do with my sync options.

My proxy and password are blank (as I don'tneed to update when docked, I presume), and my source is the default `gismeteo`. Do i have to subscribe to some third party service toget the data?

Thanks in advance

• 4 weeks later...
Guest richard_d
Never knew about the templates! Managed to get the BBC set up on mine now.

http://www.pdagold.com/themes/detail.asp?t=12007

Theres the template to download and instructions on how to get it working.:rolleyes:

I like SPB Weather, but do miss wind direction info. I wonder whether there's anyway of amending the template? Or are there better weather plug-ins?

Richard

Guest richard_d
I like SPB Weather, but do miss wind direction info. I wonder whether there's anyway of amending the template? Or are there better weather plug-ins?

Richard

Well that was easier than I thought it would be - just a simple change to the template adds Wind Direction

Just open the template file in Wordpad or similar and replace thw wind direction section with:

// wind direction

skip_to_text("

skip_to_text("/weather/images/symbols/fiveday_sym/wind/v_", false);

begin_var;

skip_to_chars(".");

string windDirection = end_var;

and hey presto you get wind direction.

Richard

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Fone_Fanatic

Anyone have a good template for the U.S? I've tried several and they're not accurate at all. I have FizzWeather installed as well and one would say thunderstorms and the other would say Sunny... FizzWeather is much more accurate.