MMS help for 8500 - size of picture and downloading issues

Guest machiavell1

Guest machiavell1

Hi

Finally got O2 MMS working on my qtek, which is a massive relief but now I have two other irritating issues which I would really appreciate some advice on.

1. Every time I send or receive a MMS, it tells me that it needs to disconnect the current connection etc or asks for my permission to download. This is really annoying as I think I have MMS, but in fact I have a MMS notification, and need to then tell the system to download the MMS... Same with sending. Is there any way to disable or workaround this?

2. Size of picture - Every time I get MMS, no matter how good or large the picture I am sent by friends, all I get on my 8500 is a crappy little postage stamp sized photo, not something suitably sized to the screen. Compared to K750i or V3i or even my gf's berry, it makes MMS slightly pointless. Anything I can do to fix this?

3. Are there any programs out there which can replace the dedicated inbox for a WM5 phone? I would love a decent, all in one inbox which can accommodate SMS, MMS, and emails, like the berry does. That would be fantastic....

4. Finally, is there any way to change the contacts softkey to point to the messages function all the time?

Thanks in advance - any help will alleviate the frustration I am feeling....

Guest paholman
Hi

Finally got O2 MMS working on my qtek, which is a massive relief but now I have two other irritating issues which I would really appreciate some advice on.

1. Every time I send or receive a MMS, it tells me that it needs to disconnect the current connection etc or asks for my permission to download. This is really annoying as I think I have MMS, but in fact I have a MMS notification, and need to then tell the system to download the MMS... Same with sending. Is there any way to disable or workaround this?

2. Size of picture - Every time I get MMS, no matter how good or large the picture I am sent by friends, all I get on my 8500 is a crappy little postage stamp sized photo, not something suitably sized to the screen. Compared to K750i or V3i or even my gf's berry, it makes MMS slightly pointless. Anything I can do to fix this?

3. Are there any programs out there which can replace the dedicated inbox for a WM5 phone? I would love a decent, all in one inbox which can accommodate SMS, MMS, and emails, like the berry does. That would be fantastic....

4. Finally, is there any way to change the contacts softkey to point to the messages function all the time?

1. The fact that it wants to disconnect current session indicates it has to connect via another connection method to retreive your messages. You could try enabling the "Retrieve Immediately" option to see if that has any affect:

Go to Messages > MMS > menu > 8. Options > 4. Account Options > 3. MMS, and tick "Retrieve Immediately" option.

2. For the size of MMS pictures, go to Messages > MMS > menu > 8. Options > 4. Account Options > 3. MMS

Scroll down to the bottom, and you should see "Photo Resolution" option. Increase the resolution, and Click Done

3. SIHS SMS Manager might be what you are looking for, although their current release doesn't include MMS. Click here

4. There is a program called Right Menu 1.60.07 which may work. Click here or perhaps there is a registry tweak out there.

Hope this helps

Edited by paholman

Guest machiavell1
1. The fact that it wants to disconnect current session indicates it has to connect via another connection method to retreive your messages. You could try enabling the "Retrieve Immediately" option to see if that has any affect:

Go to Messages > MMS > menu > 8. Options > 4. Account Options > 3. MMS, and tick "Retrieve Immediately" option.

2. For the size of MMS pictures, go to Messages > MMS > menu > 8. Options > 4. Account Options > 3. MMS

Scroll down to the bottom, and you should see "Photo Resolution" option. Increase the resolution, and Click Done

3. SIHS SMS Manager might be what you are looking for, although their current release doesn't include MMS. Click here

4. There is a program called Right Menu 1.60.07 which may work. Click here or perhaps there is a registry tweak out there.

Hope this helps

Thanks for the response. I'll give that a try and see what happens! Cheers - I'll let you know my progress....

Guest paholman

You can change the right soft key here http://www.modaco.com/Change-the-function-...ey-t229896.html

and I'm guessing using the above along with "tmail.exe -service" tips from here you could perhaps do it http://www.modaco.com/Going-Directly-to-an...ox-t229900.html

Not tried it though

• 5 weeks later...
Guest markhammill

I seem to have almost got working settings. The messages send now but when I try to download them there is just a fullstop no photo and I get a message from o2 saying filetype not supported.

Any ideas