SPB Software House release SPB Diary 2.0

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest pookiecheeks

hello all,

..i've used spb products from day one, as expected they look good and work well... sorry, i just thought i'd add my two penneth etc !

pooks

Guest pookiecheeks
Well, that answers my questions, cheers guys! The answer seems to be "buy both" :D

hello all,

..yes, buy both... AND then buy spb weather, spb time and spb finance... i also have spb arkaball and spb tips & tricks, but they're not really essential.

pooks

ps. they all integrate with pocketplus, so it just gets better and better eh ?

ok I've been thinking about spb backup as supposedly that's quite good but I think the time one and tips and tricks are a waste of money. I suppose finance is worth it if you need it.

as for spb weather it looks really good but I might be a cheap skate as I can't get my self to spend that much when I can just look it up on accuweather myself for free.

on another note anyone know of a FREE alternative to spb weather that does the same sort of thing.

I've got Diary and pocket plus set up the way I want now. anyone know of a free utility that can take screen shots

sorry about all the quacking but I've only had this vario II 6 days (and this is posted from it btw)

Jeremy

Guest Sonicr360
ok I've been thinking about spb backup as supposedly that's quite good but I think the time one and tips and tricks are a waste of money. I suppose finance is worth it if you need it.

The SPB Backup is WELL worth it, in my opinion! I also have Sprite, and was involved in the Beta test, but find I am using SPB Backup much, much more that Sprite.

Have had to restore over 5 times, and each time, has never let me down

Simon

Guest pookiecheeks
I've got Diary and pocket plus set up the way I want now. anyone know of a free utility that can take screen shots

Jeremy

hello all,

..why not try soti pocket controller-professional v5.07 ? do the trial thing, take all the screen shots you want then er... don't buy it... as you say you're a cheap skate. personally i'm not sure why i would need it, but i'm tempted to buy it anyway.

pooks

soti pocket controller

Guest chucky.egg

The problem I had with Sprite was that after a restore, when I setup the ActiveSync OTA (Push Email) I got duplicated appts, contacts etc.

I did daily backups just in case, but never spent the time working out how to NOT backup contacts etc to avoid the duplicates being created when I next sync

Guest Paul (MVP)

Very impressed with SPB backup, no dupes or anything, love the way it puts everything into an EXE.

Wonder if those EXEs can be distributed?

Might be an interesting way to make the performance tweaks for Vario II available :D

P

Guest Sonicr360

Paul

As mentioned, I swear by SPB Backup - its a great product. Although I did Beta test Sprite, the one concern that I had, was the amount of memory it consumed, plus it wanted to talk to the Sprite application on the desktop (and could perform backups after it sync'd), but essentiall all I want is a tool to backup and a tool to restore.

If I understand correctly, the latest backup will allow single file restores. nice to have, but in my case, I do not need it as I perform my own SD Backups myself which contains my docs :-)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.