- Click the 'Proxy Settings' Tab
- Click 'This network connects to the internet'
- Click 'This network uses a proxy server to connect to the internet'
- Click Advanced
HERE YOU NEED TO ENTER THE PROXY DETAILS
For test details, i'm using the PlanetLabs proxy with IP 22.214.171.124 on port 3128. It's only suitable for test however, and might not give a true respresentation of speed improvements with a better proxy. Running one on a home or hosted machine would be one option.
- After entering the details, click 'OK'.
- Ensure that in the top drop down box your new network is selected.
- Disconnect your existing connection
- Try browsing! You should get the PlanetLabs welcome page first, then you should be able to browse.
Any non-Plus members that would sign up to Plus for a dedicated UK based proxy?
I probably would but I'm waiting to see if the new Vodafone plans on 1 Sept have a decent data bundle before I buy my v1605. I'd have taken the plunge long ago if only T-Mobie had any coverage in northern Scotland.
OMG, the difference (using the DNS change & Proxy) is like night and day. It's so fast, that I don't see locating or opening now - it flys - even with 2 signal bars. I was feeling pretty disappointed with the Vario 2, but now it's everything I hoped. Great job and yes, count me in for a Plus membership with Proxy if these speeds can be sustained.
P.s I could add the proxy to existing TMo settings too!