M3100 Phone Dialler Skin

Guest NikLP

What can I do to update the phone dialler skin?

The default orange stuff on top of my default skin is leaving me with a rather nasty combination of blue, green, orange, grey and black all on the screen at the same time... YUK! :D

Get rid off the orange theme and plug in! If you have SPB PocketPlus, use one of their themes - like Tech.

When you say get rid...? Can't delete anything from ROM?

I've put SPB P+ on but the themes aren't overriding the dialler skin. It looks f***ing awful at the moment.

Edited by NikLP

Have you replaced the orange homescreen and unticked the orange plugin (today items) in and thus got rid of all traces of orangeness?

If by replace the homescreen you mean just select another one in the today > appearance tab, then yes.

And of course I've unticked the Orange plugin, that was godawful.

I still have a mix of colours on the dialler though, even when I install loads of different themes?

I use the SPB Tech theme and my dialler is grey, with blue top and bottom bars and the only other colour is the green video and talk buttons.

Oh...

All that is correct, but when I use speed dialling, I get a blue background with highlighted text appearing in orange with a black background! Regardless of the installed theme... :D

Have either of you tried the skins from zombienexus? >LINK<, they work like a charm on the vario :D

Holy $#!7! I'm all over that!!

Also you can check a few out (more plain, and yes they are completely compatible, I've guinea-pigged it for you already! :D ) at xda-developers... by "lewcamino" in this thread:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/viewtopic....;highlight=skin

Going to check out the snakey ones now!! :D

Heh Heh, I keep all the CABs in a folder on my storage card, set them to read only and whenever I fancy a change of theme I can change my dialler to suit :D

Heh Heh, I keep all the CABs in a folder on my storage card, set them to read only and whenever I fancy a change of theme I can change my dialler to suit :D

Heh that's what I've done with EVERYTHING at the moment - only got my 'set yesterday and musta HR'ed it three or four times already mucking about!! :D

That's gotta be some kind of record!
Weeeeeeeeeeeell maybe, but in all the years I've been on the net (14) and using SPVs (I'm on my fourth consecutive) I've never created a thread anywhere that got so much attention as > this one <, so I figured I owed the community a followup. Sadly, there doesn't seem to be the level of flexibility with this platform for customisation at this stage of installation. Hence I've tried a lot of combinations of resets, but with little overall joy. I have a sneaking suspicion that there's some new mech at work, as there is a two-stage post-Windows installation procedure raising it's ugly head, here. I wonder where the first batch of (possibly M3100 specific) secondary installation files are stored?

thats never happened to him before...honest!

Installing that snake skin just fixed my call history and dialpad being slightly offset.

It usually happens to me when I do something *incredibly* simple with ASync, which of course is typical. As4.2 seems pretty good, it's only hung three times so far. In a day and a half...

As for the snakeskin dialler (cool!), I reckon I might get some boots made up like that! I'd rather the skin was in black, but there you go. Reason for that being, if you install the today screen by the same author in the same colour, the top/tail bars are bright blue(?!) That seems a bit garish to me, given the overall feel of the skin is quite dark.

I will email the chap concerned and throw $1 at him or something... black snake today and dialler screens would be super sweet. I'm currently using the Firefox Black today screen to bridge the gap... Black screen with black panelling (this seems basically cos they haven't [silver] painted it?) on the device is rather nice, I feel. Can't remember how to change the screen background so it will do portrait and landscape though...

Edited by NikLP

Bah!

The snake skin for the today etc screen has blue bars!

How do I use the picture from the .tsk as the background?

I extracted it as a .bmp but when I set it as the bg pic it went to cack :D

Bah!

The snake skin for the today etc screen has blue bars!

How do I use the picture from the .tsk as the background?

I extracted it as a .bmp but when I set it as the bg pic it went to cack :D

I take it you've extracted the pic by renaming the .tsk to .cab and renaming the files inside?

browse to the pic in 'Pictures and videos', tap and hold and from the context menu select 'set as today background' you then have the option of setting transparency etc...

Other than that you can use the theme as is and modify the top and bottom bars with basehue >LINK<

Have fun :D

I take it you've extracted the pic by renaming the .tsk to .cab and renaming the files inside?

browse to the pic in 'Pictures and videos', tap and hold and from the context menu select 'set as today background' you then have the option of setting transparency etc...

Other than that you can use the theme as is and modify the top and bottom bars with basehue >LINK<

Have fun :D

I did that first bit, but when I put the file in the phone as a jpg it just looked grey?

Isn't there a tsk editor that everyone uses?

I haven't done one since the E200!

Try this image I extracted from the same theme, but renamed to .jpg I would modify the theme properly for you, as I have a theme generator, but I'm not sure if the author would want me modifying and posting his work?

EDIT: Although it seems I have just done so...

post-174863-1157486146_thumb.jpg

Edited by mandt

Try this image I extracted from the same theme, but renamed to .jpg I would modify the theme properly for you, as I have a theme generator, but I'm not sure if the author would want me modifying and posting his work?

Yeah... this is what's weird, I extracted that successfully but when I copied it to the PPC and set it as background, it doesn't look anything like that?

The image is there but it's all grey?!

Edited by NikLP

Guest MPXtricky

There's a file, PreConfig.txt, which I think runs a load of Orange cabs and applies settings when you do a hard reset. Check the cab names in there and then see what's inside each of those - there may be the option to comment out one that will prevent Orange from loading it's themes? but I'm NOT an expert OK? So make sure you ask a grown-up like Paul, Awarner or someone else who DOES know, or you may FUBAR your phone.

Yeah... this is what's weird, I extracted that successfully but when I copied it to the PPC and set it as background, it doesn't look anything like that?

The image is there but it's all grey?!

Guest swampcat

No problem, just feel free to use the background :D

@NikLP - i'm just trying to do the firefox bars for you at the moment with reptile skin