9100 vs TyTN

Guest BoarderMX

Guest BoarderMX

Hello!

I'm trying to decide between a 9100 or a TyTN, besides PRICE which are the main aspects to think about...

I've been looking for some reviews and they seem to be very similar, but maybe the forum experts could tell me the main differences

I'm a newbie to this kind of devices, so I'm not aware of the differences

Greetings!!

the tytn beats the wizard hands down in every thing pretty much

Tytn (hermes)

400 mhz samsung (512 = intel)

2mpx camera

3G

HSDPA

microSD

Wizard

200 mhz

1.3 mpx

No 3G only gprs

MiniSD

all the rest of the attributes seem to be the same

but the speed and 3g access for email and web browsing alone makes it worth it

JEREMY

Guest Pondrew

Allegedly the 9100 (HTC Wizard) has stereo speakers where the TyTN (HTC Hermes) doesn't but aside from that I'd jeremymacmull is right and the TyTN wins hands down...

Guest NCC-1701
Allegedly the 9100 (HTC Wizard) has stereo speakers where the TyTN (HTC Hermes) doesn't but aside from that I'd jeremymacmull is right and the TyTN wins hands down...

I agree with your comments about the TyTN being superior, except, I use my Vario (& Orange C550 for that matter) to listen to music. I have a decent sized memory card in them & use the 2.5mm jack output socket to plug into either external headphones, portable speakers, or when in the car, an FM tramsmitter. From what I have read I dont think this is quite as easy on a TyTN.

Not a major drawback, but if you like to use your device for music, it might be worth adding into the equation.

Oh I almost forgot, with sepeate USB & audio out connections you can run internet radio through your machine & out into some external speakers too.

that is very true

however not entirely the end of the world i use my vario 2 for music a lot as well and have a 2gb microSD card and im waiting till i have enough money to get some A2DP headphones.

but yes the vario 1 does win on that one ie it can be charged while listening to music via a wired headset and that headset can at the moment be converted to a normal 3.5 mm headset (im sure in due time a usb to 3.5 mm convertor will be available but its not yet)

JEREMY

Guest Freddan101
that is very true

however not entirely the end of the world i use my vario 2 for music a lot as well and have a 2gb microSD card and im waiting till i have enough money to get some A2DP headphones.

but yes the vario 1 does win on that one ie it can be charged while listening to music via a wired headset and that headset can at the moment be converted to a normal 3.5 mm headset (im sure in due time a usb to 3.5 mm convertor will be available but its not yet)

JEREMY

I think/hope there will also be a docking station with a 3,5 mm jacket. That would be perfect at work! :D

/Fred

Guest NCC-1701
I think/hope there will also be a docking station with a 3,5 mm jacket. That would be perfect at work! :D

/Fred

Bit off topic, but I'm looking for something like that for my Vario I