SPV m3100 unlock via code

Guest fluffcat1

Would not trust this guy with my 15 pounds , he does not sound very pro to me plus hes not even in a orange country , looks like a scammer to me :D BE WARNED THERE ARE ALOT ABOUT :D

Guest fluffcat1
Would not trust this guy with my 15 pounds , he does not sound very pro to me plus hes not even in a orange country , looks like a scammer to me :D BE WARNED THERE ARE ALOT ABOUT :D

Many people have used him for m5000 unlocks on xda-devs previously and there is an orange network in Israel

http://www.orange.co.il/

so did you just make that bit up about a 'non orange country' or just coudn't be @rsed to check?

he offers a money back guarentee and accepts payment by paypal so you also get buyer protection - so please don't spread cr@p about people you know sweet fanny.adams about....it isn't very nice :D

I used him to unlock an m5000 before buzz's solution was available.

edit - link to a topic listing many happy customers for the m5000 codes pre - buzz's unlock :

http://forum.xda-developers.com/viewtopic....&highlight=

suggest peekie does more research before calling people 'scammers'!!!

Richard

Edited by fluffcat1

Everyone's entitled to their opinion Fluffcat1 and it's always best to err on the side of caution.

IF Peekie was wrong about the person being unprofessional very well, but all he did was voice his personal opinion. All you had to do was put your evidence forward to the contrary. No need to take it personally.

Guest fluffcat1
Everyone's entitled to their opinions Fluffcat1 and it's always best to err on the side of caution.

IF Peekie was wrong about the person being unprofessional very well, but all he did was voice his personal opinion. All you had to do was put your evidence forward to the contrary. No need to take it personally.

Don't worry, I didn't take it personally at all, although 'motin' may well do when / if he reads this. A moderator calling someone a scammer without doing their own research is a bit off though - perhaps peekie should edit his comments - as they do not seem to be based on any actual facts and are merely an opinion - and an accusation of being a scammer should be based on fact. People are likely to believe what a moderator writes about a person is correct even when it is not.... :D

accepts payment by paypal so you also get buyer protection

So you are 'bigging up' paypal now? Have you started accepting paypal payments for your ebay items then Richard?? :D :D :D

Guest fluffcat1
So you are 'bigging up' paypal now? Have you started accepting paypal payments for your ebay items then Richard?? :D :D :D

Paypal's great for buyers and I've always said as such.... I've always insisted on it for the small value sales as it decreases the administration massively when selling 50+ items per week at

hehehe. I turn my back for ten minutes and...

...actually, I spose you kids are playing friendly enough! :D

Must say I love paypal but for the cut they take of my ebay sales. With Ebay owning Paypal it's galling to pay them twice :D

My point on this matter is the way in which the unlock is done ,why does it take 2 days to unlock a phone where florins method is done in 5 minutes , if you know this guy personally fluffcat1 and you say hes not a scammer then i will retract my comment on that. the guy does not come from europe so how does he get the codes as he cant test the phones like florin does , fluffcat you have to learn not to attack everyones comments if someone might be wrong then why you cant ever respond in a friendly way as this is a friendly forum lets keep it that way

Guest fluffcat1
My point on this matter is the way in which the unlock is done ,why does it take 2 days to unlock a phone where florins method is done in 5 minutes , if you know this guy personally fluffcat1 and you say hes not a scammer then i will retract my comment on that. the guy does not come from europe so how does he get the codes as he cant test the phones like florin does , fluffcat you have to learn not to attack everyones comments if someone might be wrong then why you cant ever respond in a friendly way as this is a friendly forum lets keep it that way

The method he uses is code based like ALL official unlocks. It is not a scam and to suggest as such betrays a lack of knowledge regarding unlocking. Before the software solutions ( florin / jafWM / all the free ones ) are developed it is the *only* way of unlocking a device ,and is the same method the networks use. Florin's method and the others are reverse engineered and re-write the security area, Motin's method is to look up the specific code for a device based on IMEI and as he does not have the entire database in front of him this takes time. Just try asking Orange for the code directly and see how long it takes them....

This method of unlocking a device is the 'official' HTC method and I use it for unlocking GSM iPaqs from t-mobile USA, for example, and to do this I email IMEI's to a guy in the US who emails me back codes a few days later. It also survives hard resets / rom ugrades etc unlock some of the free solutions.

I do not know this guy personnally, I never said I did. It doesn't take '2 days' he's emailed to say he has my m3100 code within 24hours. Obviously he knows someone who works for the local orange co. and has access to the unlock table so I would assume he has no access at weekends etc, hence saying 'upto 72 hours' to get the code.

If you look on the side of an m3100 box it lists 32 countries that the device is certified for use in by Orange / BABT / HTC. And the contents are printed in many languages. So obviously the Orange stock is printed / packed for use in many countries with only the rom, manuals and mains adaptor supplied differing between countries - which may well be added along with SIM card before sale by the local Orange distributer. It could well be that all Orange subsidaries therefore have access to ALL the unlock codes and this I assume is how he has able to get them. If only t-mobile UK could give me the t-mobile US codes eh?....

And I will always 'attack' people who write cr@p such as 'so and so is a SCAMMER' or 'use an unprotected knife blade to open your phone and slice your fingers off' as the internet is full of enough sh1t already without people spreading more false info.

Friendly forum? I didn't notice you being too friendly calling that guy a scammer with no proof.... :D

Richard

Guest The Doctor

OK OK can we PLEASE get back on topic!

@ Peekie: Please don't accuse people of being scammers, its not nice and this is a friendly forum as you said :D Personally i think its good that Richard has told us about this, also please note he was doing this for the benefit of others and will gain nothing from posting it on here.

@ Fluffcat1: I believe is speakfor all of us when i say thank you for telling us about this method to unlock our Hermes's (grammar? :D) However, with no disrespect please try to soften your tone when correcting people, thats all we're asking :D

Now..... Back on topic :D

Phil

Guest The Doctor
Well put The Doctor. :D

@fluffcat1 any chance of a similar solution for people with a vario ii? you have contacts in tmob uk? 15 quid certainly beats what florin charges :D

phil

Guest fluffcat1
@fluffcat1 any chance of a similar solution for people with a vario ii? you have contacts in tmob uk? 15 quid certainly beats what florin charges :D

phil

T-mobile USA only, sorry. Their subsidaries are not so joined up as Orange's are. Which is a shame as each code t-mob USA give me only costs me $15. You need someone who works for t-mobile UK. Like Sporkguy..... :D

Richard

Guest FragMeister

phil

Can't you ask T-Mobile to unlock it for you?

IIRC You need to pay them

Guest FragMeister
Usually you have to

a: have had the phone for 90 days

b: have asked for no more than 1 code in the previous 2 years,

c: be outside you minimum term of the contract ( which is unlikely with a vario II)

or d: pay up the remaining term of your contract in full.

and this assumes that you are the original contract purchaser of the phone.

Unless you are not using the handset on t-mobile or are leaving then you wouldn't need an unlock in their eyes.

So I doubt they handle that many requests.

Richard

Things may have changed, but I got my MDA Compact unlocked after only being with T-Mobile for one month - tried doing it before and they wouldnt (so was still well within my "contract").

I asked them to unlock it because I still had loads of PAYG credit remaining on my old O2 sim (and wanted to use loads of O2 GPRS while they were not charging for GPRS back in 2005)

Quoted them my IEMI number, and they posted the unlock code to me a few days later - they couldnt do it immediately/OTA.

Got a

Guest sporkguy
T-mobile USA only, sorry. Their subsidaries are not so joined up as Orange's are. Which is a shame as each code t-mob USA give me only costs me $15. You need someone who works for t-mobile UK. Like Sporkguy..... :D

Richard

Contact them yourself and pay the

Guest fluffcat1

Further to this, Motin could not get 1 of the codes for the HTC warranty swopped m3100 - I would think possibly as it was HTC swop stock the code is not on the orange lists he has accesss to. Still, he refunded me when he could not get this code, so I tried IMEI-check instead.... :D

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?showtopic=246018

Richard