NO ! Broken screen

Guest zoidster

Guest The Doctor
Maybe there IS a god ! -

I switched back to my universal for general use and put my orange sim back in the m3100 with a view to using it at home for outgoing calls - I had resigned myself to accepting that orange would not replace it

Then - in an amazing twist of fate ......

I discovered that the phone would not wake from standby properly !! - it worked fine until it goes into standby - then , when you wake it , no matter what I did , the phone would wake , but no backlight (I tried various combinations - Pressing the power button and releasing , holding it for a few seconds (which , incidently , didn't try to shut the phone down , as it is supposed to either ) - the backlight would remain off until I reset it -

Of course , normally , this qould be annoying - but it was just the ticket for me :D :D :D :D

Rang CS - they asked me if there was any damage - so I proudly told them there was a scratch ( :D :D :D :D :D

:D:lol::D

reckon i'll get away with corrupting my bootloader on my c550 and asking for a c600 replacement?

"It just wont turn on no matter what i do!"

"When did this happen?"

"I attempted to turn it on this morning only to find it only flash a white screen at me before turning off!"

:D

Phil

Guest Matt Kirby

Just my 2c on the whole insurance thing:

Any insurance policy can't possibly detail every possible event that might occur, and then specify in detail what is covered and what is not.

Because of that the policy has to cover as many eventualities as possible, hence using vague broad terms such as "reasonable".

Of course this then means when an event occurs that results in a claim the wording used in the policy has to be interpreted, and not everyone

Guest fluffcat1
reckon i'll get away with corrupting my bootloader on my c550 and asking for a c600 replacement?

Sadly, no. I think that handset will be around for a while as swop stock - 6 months ago I bought Orange's remaining mpx200 swop stock ( no accys or batt covers mind :D ) as it was going end of life for orangecare - meaning anyone still with an mpx200 and orangecare would get an upgrade if they claimed, but considering how many more c550's have been sold I would think they have a fair few handsets in reserve for some time to come. If it happens a few times to you like mini_man you might get them to put through an upgraded replacement, but sadly I think your stuck with the c550 for now... :D

Richard

Guest mini_man

Ooo yeh! im being used as an example!

Loving my C600 still!

You could put dust under the joystick and then say your friends have had numerous C550s and you demand an upgrade.

Guest fluffcat1
You could put dust under the joystick and then say your friends have had numerous C550s and you demand an upgrade.

When you want them to break they never do....

Richard