Audio over mono BT Headset?

Guest RufusA

I have a mono Bluetooth handsfree headset - Jabra BT200. Is there anyway in which I can use it to listen to audio on the phone?

Ideally I'd like to be able to listen to the soundtrack of a film being played using TCPMP on my headset with the speaker muted! I appreciate that the quality won't be up to much, but hopefully good enough for dialogue.

Is this possible - I've seen talk of utilities for the Wizard et al to achieve this, but nothing concrete for the Hermes!

TIA - Rufus.

For the wizard there is a free tool called btaudio which redirects all sound to a mono bluetooth headset (exactly what you and I want to do) unfortunately it doesn't work on the hermes (yet I'm sure the guys at xda developers are working on it)

so unfortunately for now its a no can do but hopefully in the near future it will be possible

Jeremy

No...

(yet I'm sure the guys at xda developers are working on it)

Thanks Jeremy, that's saved me some fruitless experimentation.

I really must get myself registered on xda developers now I own a proper device.

Rufus.

I have identified a solution to this which is working nearly perfectly for me. However, if you do use this then using the BT headset to trigger the voice dial/voice command/voice commander will no longer work.

Acquire a copy of of the BTAudioToggle software inc. BTAudioOn.exe

Copy this to a location on the phone.

Using a registry editor amend the following entries from

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\OEM\VoiceCommand

Path = location of BTAudioOn.Exe

e.g. Path = \Program Files\BTAudio\BTAudioOn.Exe

VoiceCmdDuration = 86400 (DEC) = 24 hours

This says for how long (in seconds) the audio will be passed to the headset for before timing out.

This however, will timeout earlier if no audio is coming through. I am not sure what will happen if something like TomTom is running but not speaking for a while. I have not performed timings as yet.

To activate audio through headset, press the main control button of the headset as if answering call/activating voice command etc. To deactivate, just press the button again.

Voice control apps will still work, but must be triggered from the phone itself, but voice will be picked up by the BT headset.

There appear to be some small bugs with this, such as after a phone call, using headset or not, the audio will stop being passed after hangup.

Please let me know if this work for you

Edited by vs1979

• 1 month later...
Guest jtritton
I have identified a solution to this which is working nearly perfectly for me. However, if you do use this then using the BT headset to trigger the voice dial/voice command/voice commander will no longer work.

Acquire a copy of of the BTAudioToggle software inc. BTAudioOn.exe

Copy this to a location on the phone.

Using a registry editor amend the following entries from

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\OEM\VoiceCommand

Path = location of BTAudioOn.Exe

e.g. Path = \Program Files\BTAudio\BTAudioOn.Exe

VoiceCmdDuration = 86400 (DEC) = 24 hours

This says for how long (in seconds) the audio will be passed to the headset for before timing out.

This however, will timeout earlier if no audio is coming through. I am not sure what will happen if something like TomTom is running but not speaking for a while. I have not performed timings as yet.

To activate audio through headset, press the main control button of the headset as if answering call/activating voice command etc. To deactivate, just press the button again.

Voice control apps will still work, but must be triggered from the phone itself, but voice will be picked up by the BT headset.

There appear to be some small bugs with this, such as after a phone call, using headset or not, the audio will stop being passed after hangup.

Please let me know if this work for you

hi.

i did all this and the audio did come through the headset but after about 10 seconds it reverted back the phone :rolleyes:

plus i did not have the reg entry - VoiceCmdDuration = 86400 - so i had to create it myself.

any ideas ?

cheers

Guest Kallisti

I can't get this to work either, the bluetooth gadget I'm using is the Parrot CK3100.. Same symptoms as above, works for about 10 seconds then fails.

Edited by Kallisti

• 5 months later...
Guest Matt Kirby

I know this is an old thread, but though I'd post my findings in case its useful for anyone else.

I have just installed TomTom, and wanted to get the voice directions over my Bluetooth headset. Tried the method in this thread and it only works for 10 seconds like everyone else.

However, with further searching I found this which does work on the Hermes!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=278778.

Other useful info in this thread on XDA Dev:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=281977

Guest Matt Kirby

The link I posted is to a cab file, which has all the reg hacks included.

Download, install, job done! No registry hacking required!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest samos

hello, I have a samsung i320 and nothing work i cant have my music on my bluetooth.

i have put this reshack + btaudio (or other BlueMusic, abctoogleBT, btIO, etc...) and nothing work.

I have little noise in the headset, but when i run wmp with music i listen just that little noise (crrrcrrr).

Please help me....

(Sorry for my english :rolleyes: