492 replies to this topic

[email protected]

[email protected]

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:HTC Touch Pro
Hi there

I'm not to clued up on this, but whenever i try download this i end up with an xml file and **** .000 to ****.005 files, no ***.cab file. Why?

Thanks
Kevin

Edited by [email protected], 10 October 2010 - 04:01 PM.

starbux48

starbux48

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
What is the difference between the No Data app and the Data Controller app? Are they both from MoDaCo? Is one newer or work better? I've seen many good reports on No Data, but some people say it either doesn't work or the settings revert somehow. I am using an HTC Kaiser (AT&T Tilt 8925) and as I have no data plan need to find an app that permanently disables my GPRS data. I can do all my data via WiFi, so do not need GPRS at all.

starbux48

starbux48

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Previous poster suggested Data Controller.cab program to turn off GPRS. I read somewhere else that this program requires you install the Microsoft CF3.5 (or whatever it's called) to run. Can anyone confirm this?

ausnia

ausnia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia I18000T
Hi Paul,

Thanks very much for the No Data Utility, my wife's Omnia Icon was doing the same thing as other mobiles here, (and yes I thought I had everything switched off / manual activation already), and racked up a few thousand dollar bill with my carrier. Luckily I was able talk my way out of the excess charges as the guy believed I was in shock and had no idea what was going on, or could find a trace of the apparent gigabytes the phone had pulled down. Anyway have done a registry tweak to timeout inactive GPRS sessions as well as installed No Data, so hopefully I'll be able to sleep a little less restlessly :rolleyes:

Cheers mate,
Mark

kschwarz

kschwarz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,

I have installed NoData on my Samsung B7320L running Mobile 6.5 and when I try to toggle any of the available data connection it gives the error message "Error writing to the RegistryKey".
When I try to change the key manually through a RegEdit tool (PHM) I get "Unable to perform this operation".
Seems my registry is locked. I can´t change any key value.

Any suggestion? How could I change the settings to allow to edit any registry key?

Thanks,
Klaus

tdxl99

tdxl99

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:omnia II
I recently purchased the unlocked Omnia II i8000 with bell.ca as the internet provider and couldnt disable bell from forcing to use their connection for the internet. I am in Mexico and was very annoying to get all pop ups from Bell trying to connect to get data. So I installed this utility and worked perfect. I am in Mexico and had no problem disabling bell.ca data provider.

madferret

madferret

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Devices:S730
I've decided to jump ship to Android ;)

Is there an equivalent to NoData for Android to avoid running up roaming data charges on the HTC Desire?

dezwakke2

dezwakke2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:HTC HD2
Paul,
NoData works perfect but when I restart my HTC HD2 the 3
Vodafone Live!
Vodafone MMS
Vodafone Push Mail
are back to ENABLED

Is there a way to restart my phone with the DISABLED settings ?
If not then maybe it's possible to permanently set the dword values in the registry permanently to DISABLED ?

Thanks for your reply

cheers
Dezwakke2

Here's a quick, handy little application i've rustled up as i'm off abroad for a few days soon, and don't want to run up a huge GPRS bill.

It lists your GPRS connections, and allows you to disable them so that they won't be used.

Disable your connections before you leave, re-enable them when you return - piece of cake with MoDaCo NoData ;)

Note that if you get bizarre registry errors on toggling, you need to app unlock your device (e.g. with SDA Application Unlocker).

Enjoy, feedback welcomed! If you use the CAB, please consider donating £1 to my 'quidapps' effort to develop cheap, useful applications and tweaks - click here to donate. Donations will be used specifically to buy development tools to enable slicker and more advanced tweaks and applications in the future while retaining a £1 price point!

P

[Edit 15/01/08: Now added Smartphone support (finally)!]

[Edit 29/03/08: Minor update]

Des te sneller, des te vliegtie

kaspy

kaspy

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia, N990, N95
great work .. love the app .. i got saved from many times mistakes and weather updates,...

antaresbh

antaresbh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:htc touch2
Thanks Paul. Muy Util

crissonweb

crissonweb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:eten glofiish x600
Thank you Paul, its working perfect!

antony_30

antony_30

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
thanks

eLiguL

eLiguL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:Omnia II (i8000)
Thank you very much sir for this .cab!

FAH-Q BELL and your stupid phantom data charges!!!!!

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users