Cingular 2125 call gets rejected when you press answer

Guest selcuk

Hi does anyone know about following issue and can help me to resolve it?

Note:This issue doesnt happen all the time. It happens 30% of the time. I couldnt figure out what is wrong with my phone or why does it happen.

if somebody calls my phone when the phone is key locked, Phone rejects the call(approxiametly 30% of the incoming calls). And it appears as missed call. he/she gets directed to voice mail. Of course when i call the person back, the person is leaving a voice mail. It is very annoying.

Thanks for your help.

its a cingular 2125 smartphone.

Guest andy_sutton

I occasionally get an error placing a call but not receiving. I certainly wouldn't say it happens anywhere near 30% of the time. I'm not sure if it's related to your network coverage or a problem with the phone. Since you can't do much about the first you might try re-flashing the phone to see if there is something wrong there. I know that is painful as well to reload everything but sounds like your frustration level is there to justify the time.

Guest Frogroast

Note:This issue doesnt happen all the time. It happens 30% of the time. I couldnt figure out what is wrong with my phone or why does it happen.

if somebody calls my phone when the phone is key locked, Phone rejects the call(approxiametly 30% of the incoming calls). And it appears as missed call. he/she gets directed to voice mail. Of course when i call the person back, the person is leaving a voice mail. It is very annoying.

Thanks for your help.

I've had the exact same thing happen to me several times and it's quite annoying. At first I was thinking "Finger Error" but at this point I'm thinking it's an actual glitch.

It's not fun when your wife calls ya and she thinks you reject her calls twice in a row before you get a chance to call her back and explain :rolleyes:

I've had the exact same thing happen to me several times and it's quite annoying. At first I was thinking "Finger Error" but at this point I'm thinking it's an actual glitch.

It's not fun when your wife calls ya and she thinks you reject her calls twice in a row before you get a chance to call her back and explain :rolleyes:

Did you get it fixed?

Thanks for your help.

I had this exact same issue (and I mean exact) on my I-Mate SP5m, used on the T-Mobile USA network. Firmware upgrades did not fix the problem, and it seemed to happen more often in certain places (however that might just be my imagination). It's most likely a hardware issue, as the moment I replaced it, the new one worked perfectly, even with the same firmware/software setup.

I had this exact same issue (and I mean exact) on my I-Mate SP5m, used on the T-Mobile USA network. Firmware upgrades did not fix the problem, and it seemed to happen more often in certain places (however that might just be my imagination). It's most likely a hardware issue, as the moment I replaced it, the new one worked perfectly, even with the same firmware/software setup.

Thank you for your reply.

I thought I was losing my marbles. It seems to me that it happens more often when it

This has been a problem for every model of smartphone that I have owned; spv, spv200, c500 and now the sp5

what is happening is that the phone rings for about 4 seconds after the caller has hung up. if you answer during those 4 seconds you get the "unable to answer call" message

solution: answer your calls more quickly!

try it. call your phone and hang up

Edited by looeee

• 2 weeks later...

i think this is a software issue..

i have a spv c600 and have problem with the telephony part (and many other spv c600 users)

1. some times when somebody is calling me the phone does not announce in any way that i have a call.

2. other times when somebody is calling me the phone send automatically a busy tone to the caller and again does not announce me that somebody has called me.

3. and other times when somebody is calling me, the caller is announced by the robot that 'the user is in an uncovered area or has the phone turned off' or it divert it to voice mail (if the WM user has voice mail active. i have it off)

however, point 1 and 2 can be 'detected' by eye on call (phonesharpen). only detected (no answer, no nothing).

- in the first case, a window with caller information is displayed as long as the caller is calling you.

- in the second case, a window appears and disparears extremly fast

to bad that the phonesharpen does not log the detected calls :rolleyes:. i have mailed them about this, but on answer..

i gues the problem is the native telephone application

so .. in conclusion WM smartphones are not recommended for people who want to use them as a phone.. who knows what important calls you miss.. i hope this will be fixed someday

Guest derek_k

A couple things to keep in mind:

First, Some problems are related to your network and may happen regardless of what phone you're using. I've certianly seen that - especially with calls going straight to VM even when you have full reception... I've missed a lot of call that way with all kinds of non-Windows phones.

Second, Windows Mobile has a the annoying issue whereby the phone may appear to be ringing up to about 1.5 seconds after the caller had been transferred to your VW or had hung up. In that case, when you go to press answer it appears as though pressing the button caused the missed call when in fact the caller had already been sent to VM because of the number of rings that had elapsed or because they hung up.

Having said all that, I do agree that the "phone" functionality in Windows Mobile can sometimes be a bit flaky and yes, I wish they would work on making that aspect a bit more stable... BUT, overall, I don't find that it's _that_ much worse than any other phone.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Ironman273

Well, I just thought I'd chime in that I also have the same problem with my Cingular 2125. It's definitely not a problem of ringing after going to VM and such. The call comes in, one presses either "Answer" or the Talk button and the call lists as missed and goes to VM. I haven't been able to get an answer from Cingular about it. I also have a friend that got rid of his 2125 because he was having the same issue.

Guest tboy2000

I too have the same problem with my vodafone v1240 with qtek 8310 rom. I habve the seperate app installed auto keylock and when the phone rings and i press the answer button i or the phone gets confused to if i am pressing unlock or answer and it always results in a missed call as if i rejected them. it is soooo annoying and would love a fix. maybe its this autokeylock app but i like to keep it on my phone.

any help?

Guest Ironman273
I too have the same problem with my vodafone v1240 with qtek 8310 rom. I habve the seperate app installed auto keylock and when the phone rings and i press the answer button i or the phone gets confused to if i am pressing unlock or answer and it always results in a missed call as if i rejected them. it is soooo annoying and would love a fix. maybe its this autokeylock app but i like to keep it on my phone.

any help?

I don't think it's an app. I have my phone stock from Cingular as did my friend that was having the same problem. I'm not sure what the issue is but it seems it would be a software issue.

Guest Ironman273
So if it is a software issue it might be fixable right? Rom update or tweak/hack?

Is this correct?

If it is a software issue, then yes. ROM upgrades from Cingular have not worked. I'm out of the warranty so they want to charge me to "fix" it. Don't know if another phone's ROM would fix it.

BTW, I think it's software because it's how it handles the incoming call. The button physically works because it only misses the call once you press the button. Also, it does the same thing whether you perss the "Answer" button or the green Call button.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest brixtonbiker

This happens for me too. I'm now onto my third C600 - the past two have been replaced without argument by Orange (I have Orange Care).

I've not managed to figure whether there is rhyme or reason to it.

i might have a solution. may be i am wrong but hey it does not hurt to try out my theory. it did work in my case.

i had the same issue as described by many of you above. what i thought could be a problem was the low memory. i started closing programs using task manager or simply restarting. it did seem to improve my situation temporarily. now i fired up filenamager and cycled through each folder and deleted all useless stuff i could find. useless = temp files. music files etc. i also moved my ie cache on storage card as well as emails.

its been a week and no issue yet. :-)

try it. other simple way is to reset (erase all) without re-flashing your phone.