Help to decide

Guest Dale1313

Guest Dale1313

OK I am looking into some new phones,and I have some questions

I like the Ms phones for saving movies and customization so

Can you save movies to this phone? And if so what is the best software to use to convert the DVD to the phone?

Can you customize this like the C500? or does it support full customization for homescreens? IF so what is a good tool to use for the customization and where is some cool sites to pick up homescreens?

I assume you can have MP# ringtones, but can you assign different ringtones to each user? If so wher are some good mp3 sites? I used to use WinMX but they charge now.

Over all I am using this for mainly work/fun is this a good reception phone, I loose a lot of calls on my sony ericsson.

I think that is about it...please help out, I would love this phone if it holds movies and also supports customization like the c500 did.

Thanks

Guest artvandalay
OK I am looking into some new phones,and I have some questions

I like the Ms phones for saving movies and customization so

Can you save movies to this phone? And if so what is the best software to use to convert the DVD to the phone?

Can you customize this like the C500? or does it support full customization for homescreens? IF so what is a good tool to use for the customization and where is some cool sites to pick up homescreens?

I assume you can have MP# ringtones, but can you assign different ringtones to each user? If so wher are some good mp3 sites? I used to use WinMX but they charge now.

Over all I am using this for mainly work/fun is this a good reception phone, I loose a lot of calls on my sony ericsson.

I think that is about it...please help out, I would love this phone if it holds movies and also supports customization like the c500 did.

Thanks

This phone does play movies, and quite well. Use pocket divx encoder (free) and to easily encode movies use pda setting with video quality set at 20 and audio at 6(both max). also use tcpmp(the core pocket media player) which is also freeware. search google for that since their website must be down so I cant give you link or try this site tcpmp Also use dvd-cloner 3 to put a dvd movie onto your hardrive, or use tvtad or torrents to find recent tv shows. Ive been using blockbuster online to get old "24" seasons and watching on my phone at lunch. With tcpmp the picture is great and the sound is awesome with headphones.

as for home screens Ive never been much for them. they always seem to slow the phone down. but last time I checked this site has many free for download. look around

Also I seemed to get a little better reception with my smt5600(same as c500) than this phone.

Pretty much this phone is just as customizable as your c500.

on the downside. Im not likeing the keypad. Definitly not good for playing fast paced games.

Also not as much content available...yet. The qvga screen is nicer than our old phone but requires many games to have support for qvga.

The best games Ive found so far in qvga are:

VPM(virtual pool mobile) - this game rocks and looks twice as good on theis phone beleive it or not.

kevtris works well on it

ffrace is pretty cool although ive only played the demo and it crashed a few times here and there, but worth trying out

of course all the omnigsoft games despite their quircky interface seem to work, at least the demos do. but again, hard to play fast action games with that tiny arse direction pad. since the keypad is comepletely fat you cant tell what button your pressing if any at all!

chasehq2evo looks good. if only you raced against something. its supposed to be a racing game, but all you really do is drive fast(no other cars to race against you)

picodrive allows you to play cheesy sega genisis games. It works well if you figure out how to do it. roms are plentiful when googled

Media player is sufficient enough for music, although theres no way(as of 9-30-06) to hook up regular headphones to it, unless your handy with a soldering iron. The included headphones sound pretty good, I just dont like the in-ear kind. This phones audio quality is definetly better. there was just something wrong with the audio from the c5oo/smt5600.

Couldnt get opra to work with it. Opera cant find the connection for some reason. though the windows IE is ok

Synch works well. just synch your c500 contacts with outlook then with the new phone to keep all your numbers

Yes you can choose different mp3s for different contacts. If you want mp3s, go buy the cd and rip it. or try torrents.

The external screen and buttons are VERY limited. They operate the media player wich is good, however I think it is absolutly retarted that you cant use those buttons to at very least search your recent calls list and place calls while phone is closed. On this phone there is NO using it closed during calls. Whwn somone calls you, you should be allowed to hit the play button for example, to answer the phone in speaker mode with the phone closed. but u cant....

hope this is of help. If I think of more Ill post more

all in all I like this phone a little better than the smt5600. but not a lot. The only reason I switched was cause I kept wearing out the keypad on my 5600 I had to replace the printed circuit board for the keypad once already and wasnt going to do it again.

Also this phone uses microsd not minisd so youll have to get one of those. I got a killer deal at bestbuy. it was like 39.99american for a 1 g card

Edited by artvandalay