Need advice on buying new SmartPhone

Guest tounano

Guest tounano

Hi,

I want to buy a new SmartPhone, need recommendations.

Here are the specifications that I want it to have:

• Windows Mobile 5
  • 3G
  • GSM 900 MHZ
  • I want to use it as GPRS modem to my laptop

I don't have any budget limits, but I don't have much money either.

Please tell me which Smartphone can I buy, and what the price of the toy :rolleyes:

Thanks.

Guest tounano
Smartphone or PPC? If PPC the The Vario II on W'n'W Pro would seem a good bet

Thanks.

What are the differences between PPC and Smartphone?

I mean, 5 years ago I could say what's smartphone and what's PPC (I have now SPV E100, and used to have IPAQ), but in this day, I don't know what's the difference.

Thanks.

Guest jcjdoss
Is it 3G?

Samsung i607 details: WM Smartphone - thumb-wheel - Quad-band GSM - HSDPA/3G/EDGE/GPRS - Bluetooth - 320x240 pixel screen - MicroSD slot - Wi-Fi 802.11b/g.

Guest jcjdoss
:rolleyes: No not really! :(

I think MPX200 it's great phone, specially after the WM5 ROM.

How about a Treo 750

300034886726_1_0_1.jpg

Edited by jcjdoss

Guest jcostantino

I'm moving away from a 2125 to a MDA (same as the 8125) and to be honest, I'm missing the compactness of the 2125. I sent it off to be replaced due to a defective screen and my 2125 is back in action. The lack of a touch screen and the size/weight difference really makes me question my decision to go to a PDA phone but the lousy internet apps (VNC, Terminal Svc Client, web browsers) make me glad I did.

That and Cingular down here (South Florida) is getting lousy for some reason. I've been dropping more calls in the past few months and my wife (who is on MetroPCS) needs to try 10-15 times to get a call through to me successfully.

2125phone_w.jpgimage002.jpgcingular_8100_views.jpg

these where my last three phones. My current is the 2125

Guest awarner (MVP)
:rolleyes: No not really! :(

I think MPX200 it's great phone, specially after the WM5 ROM.

Great to have dodgy software that crashes all the time and is nice and buggy?

interesting <_>

Guest jcostantino

Yeah, especially since you can get a phone like the Star Trek for under $300* and probably close to free if you shop around.

The MPX-200 was a decent phone (at the time) but I would NEVER go back to a QQVGA screen after being spoiled by QVGA. The difference between the Typhoon and Tornado devices is night and day regardless of the differences between the SP 2003 and WM5 SP. I understand that great strides have been made putting WM5 on the Typhoon and other older devices but in the end, it's like putting lipstick on a pig.

And I can't have a phone for moe than a year anyhow... I've had a dozen different phones so far and I'm trying to look towards the future on the phone to replace the Wizard next year :rolleyes:

*With contract extension/new plan - it's $150 after rebates from Cingular w/ new plan.

Great to have dodgy software that crashes all the time and is nice and buggy?

interesting <_<

Edited by jcostantino