Mis-leading information from Orange

Guest sgray

Guest jimbouk

I got my hermes back in September. I was put on Try3G and asked for OWU to be put on my account to start at the end of the 3 months Try 3G.

I made a note to call them now to confirm it was correctly applied - as I didnt want Try3G to end and OWU not to start...

Rang them up this afternoon and they confirmed that OWU was programmed on my account to start on 3rd December. I also got them to read the t&C's and they confirmed that it would be live til the end of my contract.

Guest starstrike

just to confirm that I did indeed get owu. for £8 inc vat. I am on racoon 30 as well. I am happy with orange but only because I have the 1gb a month net usage.. I would be pretty gutted if I was on their other rip off tariffs

I got my hermes back in September. I was put on Try3G and asked for OWU to be put on my account to start at the end of the 3 months Try 3G.

I made a note to call them now to confirm it was correctly applied - as I didnt want Try3G to end and OWU not to start...

Rang them up this afternoon and they confirmed that OWU was programmed on my account to start on 3rd December. I also got them to read the t&C's and they confirmed that it would be live til the end of my contract.

Don't forget to ask them if the unlimited usage extends beyond orange wap pages. The T's & C's of the terms say WAP pages - which they translate as their own pages, and not anyone else's.

Guest PompeyVin

Just had a call from O about new offers, and mentioned I was thinking of leaving for T-mob, because of wnw. The rep told me aout OW unltd, which is probably worth it for me as I onlty use data evenings and weekends, this is unlimited for £5 and a £1.50 limit for any peak usage data in any day

I asked about WAP usage and he confirmed it was all GPRS data, (I often stream radio so this was my one major concern) and left me to look into it before calling me back tomorrow. I want the SE W950i or M600i but apparently would need to pay £99 or £49 for these phones.

So what do you guys think? Am I likely to get screwed over by O if I take them up on this? Is there a better deal out there that I could get the SE phones on, or should I just wait it out to the end of my contract in January like I had planned before?

Guest jimbouk
Don't forget to ask them if the unlimited usage extends beyond orange wap pages. The T's & C's of the terms say WAP pages - which they translate as their own pages, and not anyone else's.

I did specifically ask that - both back in September and the other day. It was confirmed to me that it is for all gprs and wap access - including surfing and emails.

Guest PompeyVin
Just had a call from O about new offers, and mentioned I was thinking of leaving for T-mob, because of wnw. The rep told me aout OW unltd, which is probably worth it for me as I onlty use data evenings and weekends, this is unlimited for £5 and a £1.50 limit for any peak usage data in any day

I asked about WAP usage and he confirmed it was all GPRS data, (I often stream radio so this was my one major concern) and left me to look into it before calling me back tomorrow. I want the SE W950i or M600i but apparently would need to pay £99 or £49 for these phones.

So what do you guys think? Am I likely to get screwed over by O if I take them up on this? Is there a better deal out there that I could get the SE phones on, or should I just wait it out to the end of my contract in January like I had planned before?

Well, the phone call came back from O, and a different rep who didnt have a clue spoke to me. Hadn't a clue about OW unlimited, but had some how got the M600i for £29 instead. All he seemed interested in was giving me 100mins and 50 texts extra a month, when it was clear I am nowhere near using my existing package to the fullest any way :P , and could only suggest that I call back CS myself and request a lower tariff :D

Cheers Orange for making my mind up for me, looks like I'll be off to T-mobile when my contract runs our on Jan 3rd :)

I did specifically ask that - both back in September and the other day. It was confirmed to me that it is for all gprs and wap access - including surfing and emails.

and when are they doing this for you? is this tariff still available?

on another point - does "talkshare" still exist? i want to bring my work phone (currently on PAYG) in to the fold and share talk minutes.. is this still available?