Want StrTrk in on T-Mo US, should I get a QTek8500, Smartflip or Cingular 3125

Guest Hmoll

Looking for something more nighttime friendly than my T-Mo US SDA (HTC Tornado.)

I would like A2DP (with or without a hack) and would prefer Exchange Direct Push.

Is there any advantage to the Cingular 3125 over the Qtek? I can get the Qtek for about $100 less.... I'm in the US and on T-Mobile.

Guest efishta
Looking for something more nighttime friendly than my T-Mo US SDA (HTC Tornado.)

I would like A2DP (with or without a hack) and would prefer Exchange Direct Push.

Is there any advantage to the Cingular 3125 over the Qtek? I can get the Qtek for about $100 less.... I'm in the US and on T-Mobile.

I`m on my mobile so I can`t check the exact specs, but off the top of my head I know the Cingular 3125 has a larger battery life. (also a bit bigger on the back due to the laeger battery) and if I remember correctly twice the ROM size onboard than any of the other models. read 3125 43reviews to get precise info.

...twice the ROM size onboard than any of the other models. read 3125 43reviews to get precise info.

True, true. But what does that 128MB ROM do for me versus the 64MB of the Qtek/iMate? It's not a place that I can put programs, is it? It's just where the phone's OS is, correct? Or does, it in fact, provide me a location to install programs?

Guest efishta
True, true. But what does that 128MB ROM do for me versus the 64MB of the Qtek/iMate? It's not a place that I can put programs, is it? It's just where the phone's OS is, correct? Or does, it in fact, provide me a location to install programs?

The 128 MB of ROM is extra space you can use for programs. The OS will take approximately the same space in all the different versions of the phones, so the extra space in Cingular's version is there for your use. Granted, if you use a memory card, it's irrelevant because they're cheap these days.

Guest paholman
The 128 MB of ROM is extra space you can use for programs. The OS will take approximately the same space in all the different versions of the phones, so the extra space in Cingular's version is there for your use. Granted, if you use a memory card, it's irrelevant because they're cheap these days.

Even if you install the programs on the memory card, some programs also install the application executable into the \Windows directory on the phone storage, and a small amount of space is still taken up on the phone under \Windows\AppMgr on the phone for all installed programs, even if they're on the storage card.

I did a hard reset recently, and had 12Mb of free space on the phone. After installing all my programs onto the Storage card, I'm now down to 6MB on the phone storage :rolleyes: . I also configured the phone to store emails and IE cache (Card Cache) onto the card, but still the phone storage is reducing gradually. Sooner or later I will get to the stage where I won't be able to install any more software, even on the card. This is where the extra 64MB with the Cingular would be beneficial.

If you are based in the US, then there is a problem with missed calls with the QTEK 8500 (See http://www.modaco.com/QTEK-8500-Missing-Calls-t242848.html). I don't know if this still occurs with the Cingular 3125, there are a few individuals with similar issues.

If you can get the QTEK for $100 less than the Cingular, and you're based in the US, then you would still need to spend $40 to CID unlock the phone so you can download and install the iMate ROM to fix the missed calls issue. That is, until a permanent solution is released from HTC.

I would suggest you read up on the missed calls issue before making your decision.

Hope this helps

Edited by paholman