What M3100/Vario 2 deals are people getting?

Guest stampedingturtle

Guest stampedingturtle

Hi all,

Would someone mind posting details of their recent Vario 2 or M3100 contract deals. I am with Orange at the moment and would like to stay with them as the coverage is good in my area. I am on the verge of swapping to T-Mobile as my call usage is low, but I would like the WnW package. It sounds as if the Orange data deals all ended last month, is this true? Has anyone managed to get a cheap data bundle (not necessarily unlimited) on a "lower end" tariff in the last 10 days? If so what buttons do I need to press to get this as I have had little joy with Orange on this. Also I have seen a couple of post that appear to say that the OWU package was limited to WOP and not general internet traffic.

Thanks in advance.

Guest richard_d
Hi all,

Would someone mind posting details of their recent Vario 2 or M3100 contract deals. I am with Orange at the moment and would like to stay with them as the coverage is good in my area. I am on the verge of swapping to T-Mobile as my call usage is low, but I would like the WnW package. It sounds as if the Orange data deals all ended last month, is this true? Has anyone managed to get a cheap data bundle (not necessarily unlimited) on a "lower end" tariff in the last 10 days? If so what buttons do I need to press to get this as I have had little joy with Orange on this. Also I have seen a couple of post that appear to say that the OWU package was limited to WOP and not general internet traffic.

Thanks in advance.

If you're going with T-Mobile have a look on their web site and the w'n'w packages - resellers don't offer them any cheaper as far as I can tell.

Guest dskeeles
Hi all,

Would someone mind posting details of their recent Vario 2 or M3100 contract deals.

Sure. Vario 2 for ukp89,

Flext25 with WnW (unlimited with 2Gb warning) for ukp22.50 pcm (17.50 first 3 months).

(Deal now replaced by new WnW packages)

...and TMO replace dead machines by next day-courer, which is a good thing considering the keyboard on my Vario2 has just died again!! Grrr...

Guest stampedingturtle

Thanks for your responses.

I have been waiting for my local T-Mobile store to get stock in and will see if I can get anything thrown in :rolleyes: I don't want to be tied into WnW just in case coverage is poor around here so I would not get the 3 months free anyway. I take it that no one has managed to get a cheap data bundle on Orange recently.

Guest dskeeles

I have been waiting for my local T-Mobile store to get stock in and will see if I can get anything thrown in :rolleyes: I don't want to be tied into WnW just in case coverage is poor around here so I would not get the 3 months free anyway. I take it that no one has managed to get a cheap data bundle on Orange recently.

TMO will give you a 7-day cooling-off period to test your coverage if you order by Internet (or 14 if you order by phone). I sent them a doubtful email just inside the period (at 11.55pm on the last day), and they immediately sent me a return-paid envelope, so it does work. I opted to stay with them in the end.

Streamed 150kbps video into work today via Orb (on WnW std); surprisingly reliable over a 15 minute duration!

[d]

Guest stampedingturtle
TMO will give you a 7-day cooling-off period to test your coverage if you order by Internet (or 14 if you order by phone). I sent them a doubtful email just inside the period (at 11.55pm on the last day), and they immediately sent me a return-paid envelope, so it does work. I opted to stay with them in the end.

Streamed 150kbps video into work today via Orb (on WnW std); surprisingly reliable over a 15 minute duration!

[d]

That sounds like a good plan to me :rolleyes:

Thanks.

Guest dskeeles
That sounds like a good plan to me :rolleyes:

Thanks.

No problem. As with all such rec's, get the CSR to confirm it specifically, write it down, and get their name :-)

Guest richard_d

The shop should give you 14 days cooling off as well (well they offered me that). It's not just the lack of data bundles with Orange unless you're a high volume call/texter they want

Guest simonster

Hi,

Just thought I'd share, I was offered the following by Orange when I mentioned moving to T...

Free M3100

325 xnet any time

150 texts

300 off peak to orange mobiles

free calls to another number (magic number)

Unlimited data

All for

Guest FragMeister

When you take out a contract T-Mobile in store or online you have to give your postcode for home/work/etc and they will give you an idea of the reception for 2G and 3G. check out the t-mobile.co.uk site for details. This should help confirm coverage for you (although it is obviously just a guide).

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MikeWard1701
Check that's with wnw and flext combined, they were charging 89 for the vario that way.

Yeh, it's Flext25+WnW

I found that for new customer the same thing only costs

• 4 weeks later...
Guest soup dragon

Just got a Vario II from a T-Mob shop in Chester:

Flext 25 WnW total cost £27-50/month. I paid £29.95 for the phone and got a free Jabra BT600 headset.

New contract - was with O2 but wanted WnW (just like everybody else!)

:)

Oh yeah.............then sold my 11 month old Wizard on eBay for £190!! What's going on there?

Edited by soup dragon

Vario II on FlexT 25 + WnW for £27.50/month. (18 months)

Offered me the beast for £20, then when I mentioned about the online WnW offer, promptly gave me the phone Freemans.

Very Happy bunny..... :)

I have been waiting for my local T-Mobile store to get stock in and will see if I can get anything thrown in :) I don't want to be tied into WnW just in case coverage is poor around here so I would not get the 3 months free anyway. I take it that no one has managed to get a cheap data bundle on Orange recently.

I got the orange unlimited data on evenings & weekends for £5 per month. first month free. Started that a couple of days ago. Must say I only found out about it on this site as orange didnt offer me this when I upgraded to M3100 last month.

Been looking at the T-Mobile contracts on website.

In the end, opted for 12 months Relax 20 for £20 plus three months free WnW. Vario II cost £149. Am VAT registered, so that will ease the blow :D

Sounds expensive, but on an 18 month contract, those last six months are effectively paying for the device anyway (£22.50 for Flext 20+WnW x 6 = £135)

And those last 6 months would be SOOOO LONG :)

Now just to sell my P910i on eBay - can't believe they're still fetching well over £100!

Guest Christopher Woods
Been looking at the T-Mobile contracts on website.

In the end, opted for 12 months Relax 20 for £20 plus three months free WnW. Vario II cost £149. Am VAT registered, so that will ease the blow :D

Sounds expensive, but on an 18 month contract, those last six months are effectively paying for the device anyway (£22.50 for Flext 20+WnW x 6 = £135)

And those last 6 months would be SOOOO LONG :)

Now just to sell my P910i on eBay - can't believe they're still fetching well over £100!

If Relax 20 is £20 on its own, how did you get WnW for £2.50/mo?

Guest dskeeles

Hmm... probably all the early P990i/Hermes adopters switching back ;-)

If Relax 20 is £20 on its own, how did you get WnW for £2.50/mo?

Flext 20 is actually £15 at the mo. Plus the £7.5 for WnW = £22.50

Relax 20 is £20+£7.50 at the mo.

I wasn't comparing like-for-like, just saying that getting a cheaper handset price by opting for the 18 month Flext 20 was neither here nor there in terms of cost. Plus, the handset will be still worth a little bit more in 12 months, vs 18 months.