Keep losing GPRS

Guest Pete1964

Guest Pete1964

I have a Vario on a T-Mobile contract. When I try to do a send/receive in Outlook or log on to the internet the device usually can't get past the 'connecting' stage (in Outlook) or the 'locating' stage (in Internet Explorer). If I reset the device it sometimes solves the problem - sometimes have to reset twice.

It's only in the past few weeks that this has been happening, and I haven't added any software or changed the configuration of the device.

Any ideas?

sometimes i loose the connection to Cingular and i cant do anything net related i find i hae to DC my edge connection and restart it to get a response. i would say your probable having network issues simular to mine but if you cant make or recive calls either then im going to say it might be the phone. i would do some more testing and see if you can norow down if it is the phone or the network.

Guest Pete1964

Hi

Thanks for the reply. Could you explain what you mean by 'DC my edge connection' - those terms are new to me! The phone is working fine on calls, it's just email and internet that's the problem.

Cheers

Pete

Disconnect = DC

depending on your ROM version you can click on the big 'E' next to your signal meeter to disconnect your connection or you can go into comm manager and hit the button with the little pic. of the pda and the 2 arrows.

after that go back and check your mail or get on the net and it should automaticly reconncet and you should be up and running if not you have some other issues.

Guest Pete1964
after that go back and check your mail or get on the net and it should automaticly reconncet and you should be up and running if not you have some other issues.

Still not working consistently - fine sometimes but not others. I've disconnected reset three times in succession this evening but it still won't connect. The phone is fine.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Anyone got any suggestions?

your going to hate this but call customer service :rolleyes:

they might be able to determin if there is somthing wrong on there end

Did you get anywhere with this? I've had the same trouble, except it's got to the stage where it just won't connect for hours at a time. Weirdly it sometimes does email OK but IE won't work, though most of the time it's neither.

Guest randomspam

just like to add that I've also been having exactly the same probs on my vario for the last 3 weeks, I thought it must be a t-mobile thing as it's been so random in it's occurrence. I can connect 1 min and surf away for 5 mins then try and connect again in exactly the same place and get nothing.

Sounds like it's definitely a T-Mobile issue, then, as I've only had this for the last two or three weeks. Guess I'll have to try customer services in the week.

Guest Pete1964

I haven't really got anywhere with it. Still happening intermittently. I never get disconnected when I'm actually online, but getting connected is a problem. I think (but not sure) that fiddling around in the gprs settings seems to clear the problem (by fiddling around I mean exploring the settings but not changing them). I'd be interested to hear what T-Mobile say if anyone rings them about this.

Cheers

Pete

Guest pepepopo
I haven't really got anywhere with it. Still happening intermittently. I never get disconnected when I'm actually online, but getting connected is a problem. I think (but not sure) that fiddling around in the gprs settings seems to clear the problem (by fiddling around I mean exploring the settings but not changing them). I'd be interested to hear what T-Mobile say if anyone rings them about this.

Cheers

Pete

did u tried with last radio rom?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=279380

Guest Pete1964

No, I'm a bit wary of installing new rom as I'm prettye clueless on this stuff. I don't think it's a signal issue - I often can't connect even when I have 4 bars showing. It seems as though the modem is somehow getting 'hung up' after I've made a phone call.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bongobongo

I'd also had problems with GPRS connectivity that I'd noticed over the last three or four weeks (with no connection at all for the last week) - sounds like the same thing. Customer Services took me through my connection settings tonight just in case, but without any particular expectation of anything being wrong as I hadn't changed any config. settings. The username for my GRPS connection was set to 't-mobile' (as it had been all along) - I was advised to change it to 'user' and the password to 'one2one' and was instantly able to connect again.

I've only had one evening of it working so far, so this may not be the root cause - but if they've been messing around with the 't-mobile' account and that's what you're set up to use, it's got to be worth a go. I'll post again if I have any more trouble over the next week.