WM5torage v 1.72

Guest ScottXe

Guest ScottXe

I recently installed WM5torage v 1.72 on my O2 Xda Atom to replace the older version v 1.53. It did not work and I have to back to v 1.53 that works great. Hope this is a feedback to the designer for future improvement.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest willieturnip

if your trying to feedback to the developer/s then you should atleast describe the problem accuratly...i mean, picture this

you have develped an application

sombody tells you it doesnt work, and to fix it....

where do you start?..i mean, it obviously works on their device...so they cant find the problem...you need to tell them whats wrong..:rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...

Hello all,

I just got my ETEN X500, wm5storage does not work with it. The XP says new USB device detected and after says something like : an error occured your new USB device may no work properly.

The work around with different dll to install is even worst since with it activsynch does not work neither.

I tested also softick card export.... same issue :)

I am desappointed not being able to use my new device as USB mass storage.

If someone could help, it would be great :D

Francis.

Guest Shuflie
Hello all,

I just got my ETEN X500, wm5storage does not work with it. The XP says new USB device detected and after says something like : an error occured your new USB device may no work properly.

The work around with different dll to install is even worst since with it activsynch does not work neither.

Francis.

Are you using windows XP or another OS with USB mass storage driver? If not you need to get a mass storage driver for your computer.

Are you using windows XP or another OS with USB mass storage driver? If not you need to get a mass storage driver for your computer.

I am using XP pro sp2 will all updates. I tested at home and work, the same issue. On a XP family edition also the same.

I use to connect a Qtek S100 running Softick CardExport without any problem :)

• 1 month later...
Guest larsdennert

I have a MotoQ and v1.72 never shows up as a drive letter at all on XP SP2. v1.73 comes up with a drive letter but as an empty drive. I dug up version 1.32 and it works fine. FYI...

• 3 weeks later...
Guest crazyut

Hi.

I would like to try that version with the Cingular 8525 since I tried the 1.73 with Windows Server 2003 SP1. It found the device and then said an error occurred and the device may not work properly (in the Device Manager, the yellow icon on USB Mass Storage Device). Other devices like iPods, card readers, printer card readers work great.

If you could PM me and let me know how to get the 1.32 version.

Thanks.

I have a MotoQ and v1.72 never shows up as a drive letter at all on XP SP2. v1.73 comes up with a drive letter but as an empty drive. I dug up version 1.32 and it works fine. FYI...

Guest Islanti
I would like to try that version with the Cingular 8525 since I tried the 1.73 with Windows Server 2003 SP1. It found the device and then said an error occurred and the device may not work properly (in the Device Manager, the yellow icon on USB Mass Storage Device). Other devices like iPods, card readers, printer card readers work great.

Win2K3 Server SP1 does not include the MS SD Card drivers (these are in XP SP2 only). It's likely that the application won't work under SP1 if it requires this driver.

Guest ciprian
Hello all,

Francis.

I succeeded in making wm5torage last version to work on my Eten x500. To make it work you must first uncheck the option "enable advanced networking.." in your x500 system>connections>usb>.

Ciprian