SPV M600 + TomTom Navigator 6 and Europe Maps

Guest thud

Hi guys,

Can anyone help me with this one. I dont have much experience in this area and could really do with some pointers (links) and experience from anyone who has done it.

Im going to live in Spain and want to get TomTom with Europe Maps. Now the TomTom One with Europe is

Edited by thud

Guest awarner (MVP)

Get TomTom 6 with the TomTom GPS and you will not have any problems at all.

Storage cards are so cheap it's not worth including the cost but I would suggest you get yourself a 2gb card so you do not need to change cards all the time.

As for "borrowing" maps you would need to register them for you device with TomTom so borrowing them would not be possible.

As for a car holder get a brodit holder as they will be designed for your car, unfortunately they are then more expensive and will cost around

Get TomTom 6 with the TomTom GPS and you will not have any problems at all.

Storage cards are so cheap it's not worth including the cost but I would suggest you get yourself a 2gb card so you do not need to change cards all the time.

As for "borrowing" maps you would need to register them for you device with TomTom so borrowing them would not be possible.

Hi Thank you!

Can you see this page, is that what you mean?

The bottom one is the one with the detailed Europe maps, the top one is just major roads. The bottom one is cheaper! I dont understand.

http://www.tomtom.com/products/category.ph...&Language=1

Why do you say TT GPS receiver, I read good reviews about...

http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/product/8590.htm

Hi,

I have the TomTom6 option you are talking about (the bottom one on the list). This is cheaper because it doesn't include a GPS unit I believe but I might be wrong as to why the top one cost more.

I also have this BT GPS unit: http://www.handnav.co.uk/product_details.php?id=1228

It is absolutely excellent and works great with my m600.

The three (m600, TT6 and BT359S GPS) are a great combination.

Cheers

Blakey

• 1 month later...
Im going to live in Spain and want to get TomTom with Europe Maps. [...]

How am i doing?

Steve,

I can only tell you what works for me:

• M600
  • TT 6 with Europe maps on DVD (look for it around £80-£90 mark)
  • Bluetooth GPS, make sure it is a SIRF III or equivalent to get signal pretty much anywhere (I use a Rikaline one, but I suspect most will do)
  • Advice elsewhere on this helpful Forum which tells you how set up serial ports on TT 6 for use with an SPV

And I also have a simple large mobile phone holder that holds on to the dash vent for dear life and does not look to the passing thief like there is expensive equipment hidden in the glove compartment. The ubiquitous dried up spit circle on the wind-screen (yuk!) is a bit of an invitation to break your window.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes,

Wlodek