Vario keeps switching off

Guest travisb

Guest travisb

My Vario has suddenly stopped being able to be switched on after the backlight time out limit has past. I've got the settings to allow a button or screen tap to wake it up again, but this doesn't seem to work anymore. Tried setting it so the device never switches off but this doesn't work either. Only a soft reset gets it going again.

Anyone else experienced this?

Guest travisb

Just noticed something else. My scheduled PhoneAlarm profile switches aren't functioning anymore either.

What could be happening? The only thing I've installed is the latest version of CamerAware, and no-one else is having any problems :rolleyes:

Edited by travisb

Guest awarner (MVP)

Regarding the not being able to wake up the vario, I get that from time to time but I have not been able to trace it to any particular application so I'm guessing it's a ROM issue.

Guest jcostantino

Hard reset and then resyncing your contacts/appointments? I somehow have a duplicate notification when I reset and restore my data on my Wiz. Using MemMaid and finding duplicate notifications, then deleting them works.

Maybe you have a similar situation where a notification is corrupt and isn't allowing the device to wake up?

You could also try loading the latest firmware. My 2125 was acting stupid until I reflashed it - a hard-reset didn't even fix it so I had to redownload the ROM and start from scratch.

Oh well, that didn't work!

Any other ideas anyone?

Guest travisb
Hard reset and then resyncing your contacts/appointments? I somehow have a duplicate notification when I reset and restore my data on my Wiz. Using MemMaid and finding duplicate notifications, then deleting them works.

Maybe you have a similar situation where a notification is corrupt and isn't allowing the device to wake up?

You could also try loading the latest firmware. My 2125 was acting stupid until I reflashed it - a hard-reset didn't even fix it so I had to redownload the ROM and start from scratch.

Fantastic!, thanks a lot jcostantino. I installed the trial of MemMaid and found 50 duplicate notifications. Got rid of them and my Vario is back up to full speed and no longer switches off. Going to purchase MemMaid right now. I already had the latest iMate ROM installed.

Guest jcostantino

No problem! Like I said, I had a similar problem and I was very frustrated with my Wizard until I found Memmaid. For some reason, my 2125 never complained about duplicate notifications but I guess Smartphone and PPC platforms handle things differently.

You've probably been going through it already but I would suggest moving the IE cache to the storage card, expanding the font cache, and looking into the DLL optimizer. All of those tools are hugely useful! Also, the file system cleaning functions are very helpful.

I also highly recommend HandySwitcher from the same company. Best program I've seen for managing open applications.

Fantastic!, thanks a lot jcostantino. I installed the trial of MemMaid and found 50 duplicate notifications. Got rid of them and my Vario is back up to full speed and no longer switches off. Going to purchase MemMaid right now. I already had the latest iMate ROM installed.

Guest travisb

By the way I've had another bonus since installing MemMaid. Some months back I stopped getting visual and audible calendar notifications. No matter what I tried nothing got them back - until I got rid of the old notifications via MemMaid. Result!

Edited by travisb