- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

Hookani

Hookani

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

I think what happening to you, is excatly what happening to me, you are right, Cingular is work perfectly fine on this phone, G all the time and anywhere, but TMo..for some reason..is not really working on this particular phone, and I know the sim card is getting G on another phone, so...I am totally lost now..~~~ I just call TMo again to see if they are able to do anything or at least to let me know what is the problem, but i got cut off twice...m*f*er....

I've been back and forth with TMo three times and got elevated to the last level of tech service but no one seems to know what the problem is. I'll say that they did try all kinds of things and did their best to try and help, but being that it is not a TMo branded phone there isn't much more they could've done. Also been thru ASUS support with no luck either. It's probably something simple like a registry entry or something but no one knows. Need to find a TMobile techie to figure this one out. Let me know if you get anywhere with this.

Ho'okani

zen123

zen123

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts
My long search for compatible chager for the P525 has ended thanks guys on another forum. For those who need another charger for whatever reason here's what is compatible with the Asus P525.

1/ Official Motorola V3 charger - I bought 2 off ebay for less than £10, one for home & one for work.
2/ Blackberry usb travel charger - the version with the mini usb connection & worldwide multi pin adapters great for travelling. I bought this because I travel to Asia frequently & with its multi pin adapters & usb cable attachment I can use it to charger all my other gadgets aswell. Again off ebay for £12.
3/ Blackberry car cigarette charger - obviously to use in the the car ebay £10

My Phones :

LG Optimus 2X

Iphone 4

Samsung Galaxy Tab

Ingvarr

Ingvarr

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 785 posts
  • Devices:Motorola Milestone

[font=Comic Sans Ms][size=5]
the G is not shown, there is a triangle thing instead

I think, you should start by inquiring (in ASUS support?), what exactly does this "triangle thing" icon mean. Its an information icon, so it must mean something. And without GPRS coverage there are no icon at all, so it must be something else I guess?
Maybe it will give leads about the whole problem.

jackleung

jackleung

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Devices:Imate Jam

My long search for compatible chager for the P525 has ended thanks guys on another forum. For those who need another charger for whatever reason here's what is compatible with the Asus P525.

1/ Official Motorola V3 charger - I bought 2 off ebay for less than £10, one for home & one for work.
2/ Blackberry usb travel charger - the version with the mini usb connection & worldwide multi pin adapters great for travelling. I bought this because I travel to Asia frequently & with its multi pin adapters & usb cable attachment I can use it to charger all my other gadgets aswell. Again off ebay for £12.

Zen, you probably missed my post in page 1. The charger will work as long as the D+ and D- are short.

lspatricio

lspatricio

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

... T9 works in all the applications on the phone anyway so I'll stick to that...

Whenever i'm browing using Pocket Internet Explorer, T9 is disabled (or just numbers are active). Hence, i cannot use it to input username/password/messages i'm posting. instead i have to use the SIP. :)

I was just surprised you mentioned that T9 works for you in "all applications". Is there any tweak or upgrade i should do so i can use T9 when using PIE?

Thanks...

zen123

zen123

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Whenever i'm browing using Pocket Internet Explorer, T9 is disabled (or just numbers are active). Hence, i cannot use it to input username/password/messages i'm posting. instead i have to use the SIP. :)

I was just surprised you mentioned that T9 works for you in "all applications". Is there any tweak or upgrade i should do so i can use T9 when using PIE?

Thanks...

Yeah your right T9 doesn't work when using PIE. My bad.

My Phones :

LG Optimus 2X

Iphone 4

Samsung Galaxy Tab

Ingvarr

Ingvarr

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 785 posts
T9 works only in text controls that support IME input. Unfortunately, a lot of ones without it.

I am currently developing an input method that will work everywhere where soft keyboard does.
Just putting finishing touches to it, and will publish it soon.

First version will be a simple multitap-like behavior, but I plan to add a Letterwise predictive input in the future.

starkman

starkman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Devices:Asus P525
Hello all

I'd like to ask you, when you say "Blackberry car cigarette charger" you mean all the available Blackberry car chargers?
I'm asking because on ebay I can see various (different?) car chargers for Blackberry... such as 7130c 7130g 7130v - Blackberry 8100 pearl 8703v - 7100i 7100t 7100v 7100x 7105t - 7730 7750 7780 and even more... :)

Are they all using the same car charger?
Cause I do not know which one of these someone would choose for the P525

thanx in advance

I'm selling my Asus P525 +2GB MiniSD +Screen Protector +Silicon Case + 2 extra stulys, in perfect condition, low price. Buy it here...

starkman

starkman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Hello all
I'd like to ask you, when you say "Blackberry car cigarette charger" you mean all the available Blackberry car chargers?
I'm asking because on ebay I can see various (different?) car chargers for Blackberry... such as 7130c 7130g 7130v - Blackberry 8100 pearl 8703v - 7100i 7100t 7100v 7100x 7105t - 7730 7750 7780 and even more... :D

Are they all using the same car charger?
Cause I do not know which one of these someone would choose for the P525

thanx in advance

Anyone who can reply to that question ? :)

And something else

I have ordered a unit with serial number starting from 6AA... as the online shop told me.

Should I go through and buy it? Or is it not a good serial number....

Is 6AAxxxx supposed to be a newer model than the ones that had the problems (66, 67, etc)?

I actually asked them if the unit serial # is 68 and above and they told it is 6AAxxxx

thanx in advance

I'm selling my Asus P525 +2GB MiniSD +Screen Protector +Silicon Case + 2 extra stulys, in perfect condition, low price. Buy it here...

Hookani

Hookani

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Anyone using a WEP200 headset with the P525? Don't know if it's a problem with the headset or P525, but when I answer a call by pressing the answer button on the WEP200, the phone will sometimes put the call on hold after a second or two after answering the call. Anyone else experience this?

Thanks,
Ho'okani

starkman

starkman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Two of the most important problems with Asus P525 are

1) SKYPE doesn't work with internal speaker. It only works with the external speaker....

Here is the corresponding thread at the Asus official forum:

http://vip.asus.com/...SLanguage=en-us

2) Problematic and uncomfortable search functions with T9 - especially when searching a contact... (keypad defaults to numbers when it should default to letters...! )

http://vip.asus.com/...0...&model=P525

I'm thinking that if we all go to those topics and raise our voice, maybe Asus will rush and release new updates / patches / roms that will solve these problems.

So please, anyone who is interested go at the above mentioned links (at the Asus forum) and make a comment so that Asus staff can see and realize that these problems MUST be solved asap.

(They do claim that Asus staff does not reply to the topics of the forum but we all know that they *do* read them)

Ingvarr

Ingvarr

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 785 posts
1) This is case with every other PDA around. Problem is there is no standard API in Windows Mobile to access the second (phone) speaker.

2) This is actually the limitation of Windows Mobile 5 Contacts application, it can not be made working properly just with Input Method. Contacts in Windows Mobile Crossbow will fix it, maybe P525 will get an upgrade, who knows :)

Though you can remedy it to some extent - just press joystick up before searching for contacts - you will able to use Input Method (T9 or other) then.

Edited by Ingvarr, 06 January 2007 - 08:48 AM.

starkman

starkman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

1) This is case with every other PDA around. Problem is there is no standard API in Windows Mobile to access the second (phone) speaker.

I've read that with Eten X500 skype works fine via the phone speaker (supposedly the only PDA that works like that with skype, so far).
So maybe Asus would be able to do something - even Skype staff stated that they need Asus help to make it work (?)

Btw, a friend of mine with Ipaq 6915 says that his skype works with the phone speaker just fine, and not with the external speaker (!)

Edited by starkman, 06 January 2007 - 12:09 PM.

rdtangg

rdtangg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Devices:Nokia 6220c & Omnia

T9 works only in text controls that support IME input. Unfortunately, a lot of ones without it.

I am currently developing an input method that will work everywhere where soft keyboard does.
Just putting finishing touches to it, and will publish it soon.

First version will be a simple multitap-like behavior, but I plan to add a Letterwise predictive input in the future.

Thank you for your effort in providing solutions to problems with P525. When will this be available?

Ingvarr

Ingvarr

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 785 posts
First version already available

http://www.modaco.co...p;showfile=2043

Its quite limited for now, but you already can use it to enter text into apps that build-in T9 can not. And you can keep using T9 where you see it fit more.

I still aim for complete T9 replacement, but this is not easy task and it will take some time :)

rdtangg

rdtangg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Its quite limited for now, but you already can use it to enter text into apps that build-in T9 can not. And you can keep using T9 where you see it fit more.

I still aim for complete T9 replacement, but this is not easy task and it will take some time :)

Very nice input method. Im sure this will be an excellent input method for Asus P525 once it is completed. I will use this until you release the new version. Thank you.

starkman

starkman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

I still aim for complete T9 replacement, but this is not easy task and it will take some time :D

Seems nice.

If I install it to my P525, will I be able to remove it if I want to, afterwards?
Also, does it actually replace the default T9 input method or is it added as another option?
I'm kind of confused from the description I've read at the link... :)

rdtangg

rdtangg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Seems nice.

If I install it to my P525, will I be able to remove it if I want to, afterwards?
Also, does it actually replace the default T9 input method or is it added as another option?
I'm kind of confused from the description I've read at the link... :)

1. You can uninstall anytime.

2. It does not replace T9; PTap added as another option/choices.

lspatricio

lspatricio

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

hey thanks for the effort! i'll give it a try. :D

EDIT:

I've tried it and it works the way as you described. Thanks. :D

Now, would it be difficult if you make it like the standard "multitap" instead of choosing via the "0+" key? I find it slow in typing using your modified version. but, hey, i might get used to it. :D

Nonetheless, great work. It works when the ASUS T9 doesn't. Especially in PIE and contacts. Cool! :)
Hope you can find time to finish the "complete T9 replacement". :D

Edited by lspatricio, 15 January 2007 - 10:42 AM.

starkman

starkman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Hey all.

I have noticed that there are some cases where a disturbing sound is ringing when I do specific things on the P525.
For example I can hear that sound (something like a short "diiing") when I'm typing an sms and I insert a symbol... When I click the joystick to insert the symbol I have chosen, I hear that sound (ding).

Same thing when I choose a contact, (let's say) I choose to call the mobile number of that contact, so I press the joystick and I hear that sound for a second.

I also hear it when I use the speed dial. I press continuously one of the numbers of the keypad and when the number is called I hear that sound (it's like informing me that I don't have to press the key anymore and the call has already been launched).

I managed to discover that the sound is actually placed within the "sounds and notifications" but I'm not sure which of the two it is... it sounds like the "Loudest" or the "Quietest" sound.

However, I went into the "sounds and notifications" and I removed those sounds from all the Events.

Still, the sound rings like it is "called" from somewhere else...

Any idea how we could remove or change this sound?

Or is it only my P525 that does it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users