zen123, on Nov 2 2006, 15:59, said:
OK the Asus is a great device. Does everything I need it to & is the most stable PPC phone I've owned to date. But its not all roses.
I'm having a hard time getting extra chargers for it. Although it uses the standard mini usb interface none of my existing chargers work. I have a brace of usb wall adapters at home & at work but none of them will charge the phone. My 3 different cigarette adapters for the car don't either so I can't use the sat nav I've loaded as it drains the battery too quickly. I've ordered a usb charging kit off ebay which claims to be for the Asus so hopefully by this time next week I'll be happy again.
The other problem I'm having is when dragging & dropping files too & from the phone over activesync. Sometimes when I drag a file to the phones memory (or the minisd card) I get an error message in that it either says there's not enough memory or incompatible file. It doesn't happen with all files & not all the time but it does it enough to be a big annoyance.
The only way around this is to revert to usb mass storage mode (great feature that's built into the phone) or take the minisd card out & use a card reader.
hi everybody, I bought a p525 a few days ago, and here is my first feedback
- speed! fantastic, btw is first in every speed contest
- screen, brightness of the screen
- quality of the camera: outstanding!
- a bit heavy
- I am italian and there is no italian t9 (I have a french version, with only french and languages), I tried to install it following modaco and others posts but nothing worked out for the moment
- a BIG MINUS: in the phone application, you cannot select a name with the t9 phone keyboard!!!! this is a pity, because this means that you cannot select a contact with one-hand. I am trying now some additional software to do this, like Vito Quick Contact (which allow you to find a name with the number pad but is not quick at all!) and FingerClix (which is working fine but you use the screen to find the name, no number pad!)
here you are, if you have any idea for the installation of other t9 languages, thank you!
Edited by skontald, 04 November 2006 - 05:22 PM.