Help...

Guest chrisjaffe

Guest chrisjaffe

Well now I did it. My phone (3125) won't boot. It gets stuck on the Windows Mobile screen. Here are the questions that I have about this...

1- I can't get the hard reset to work. I have seen two versions of the procedure, which is working for you guys? both say that you hold the soft keys down while pressing the power button and then continue to old the soft keys. However one says that you should press the power button for 2 seconds and you will get to the reset screen. The other says that you just tap the power button and release the soft keys when you see the Cingular screen and the black reset screen will show then. So how long do I press the power button and when do I release the soft keys? Also how long should it take to show the reset screen? (meaning when will I know that I screwed up?)

2- I read that someone was having to reset often while trying to put background images in plugins. That is what I was doing. Is this common with other WM5 devices or just specific to the 3125? Is there a trick to keep this from happening? i was thinking that I made a mistake because the image that I was using was larger than the plugin height, is that it or is there some other predominant cause?

So I repeat...Help!...My $400 phone is a brick right now and I can't get anything to work.

Thanks,

cj

Edited by chrisjaffe

Guest chrisjaffe

Ok scratch question 1...and yes I know that it really wasn't one question. Think of it like one of those questions in college where you could have a whole test that officially had one question but there were parts a through m.

I was able to get the phone to reset. What worked for me was to hold the soft keys press the power button to start the phone and not release the soft keys until the master reset screen appeared. (Note...the first time this happened when the reset screen appeared I must of hit one of the buttons as I released them and that cancelled the reset.)

I still have the questions about the images in the plugin. Anyone been able to determine what exactly is causing the crash? Does the size of the image matter? And is this problem specific to the 3125 or is it common to all WM5 smartphones?

Thanks,

cj