The official i-mate SPL 'Ask Paul' thread!

Guest PaulOBrien

I've not tested it yet, but when I have, i'll post findings here!

I'm not overly optimistic due to the slow processor...

P

Hi can I ask for the AKU 3 AD2P dll's : Avrcp_MPplugin.dll, bta2dp.dll, sbc.dll

they are in the windows folder. I would like to test them on my qtek 8300 please.

Guest Paul (MVP)
Hi can I ask for the AKU 3 AD2P dll's : Avrcp_MPplugin.dll, bta2dp.dll, sbc.dll

they are in the windows folder. I would like to test them on my qtek 8300 please.

No.

P

Guest HerpezP

Indeed looks nice :rolleyes:

Is the processor slowing the menu or anything like that and is it able to play fullscreen video in e.g. TCPMP (in QVGA resolution that is)?

Also, how's the battery performance?

Guest Paul (MVP)

Processor speed is occasionally noticeable, but not TOO bad, on the flipside, battery performance is very good, especially considering the size of the unit!

Not tried TCPMP yet...

P

Guest Samsonite

whats the keypad like for texting?

Is it all metallic and rough on the old digits or silky smooth? i never liked the RAZR for feel and this little beaut looks very similar...

Guest roscoe141
Remember tho, the SPL has a slow processor...

P

Is the processor really bad? This phone really appeals to me. It's the first slim smartphone with a decent camera but i don't like the idea of a slow processor. I'm currently still using the C500.

Guest Paul (MVP)

It's OK.

I'm just getting used to it, but it's quite usable, very flat, shiny plastic.

HOWEVER... and i'll cover this in my review... if you use multitap, rather than T9, it's almost as if the device can't keep up, and sometimes only 2 out of 3 simultaneous presses on one key (for example) will be registered.

Not had the same problem using T9 tho.

P

Guest roscoe141
It's OK.

I'm just getting used to it, but it's quite usable, very flat, shiny plastic.

HOWEVER... and i'll cover this in my review... if you use multitap, rather than T9, it's almost as if the device can't keep up, and sometimes only 2 out of 3 simultaneous presses on one key (for example) will be registered.

Not had the same problem using T9 tho.

P

lol I don't using predictive text. Never quite got my head round it. I've been Mr tappy tappy for years now.

I'm worried this processor is just to slow. There's talk that it's the same speed of processor as the C500 which I have. the C500 is at least 2 years old which make me not want to buy. :rolleyes:

Guest moonshot

Although it is a lot thinner it is only 4g lighter. I would expect at least 10/12g shaved off the weight. Samsung can do it with their phones. What do you think?

Chris

This phone looks good! a 3G version with wifi and i would have snapped it up..

though i do need a new phone.. gave the white c600 to the missus! :'(

startek or this..

hmmm...

ZIm

• 3 weeks later...
Guest mstephenson

Hi Paul, just a quick question for you regarding the imate SPL. I'm really interested in this phone, but just intrigued how well the key pad works? I use msn mobile quite alot, is it ok for typing out lots of messages or does it not feel comfortable after a while? Is the keypad responsive enough? Is typing at a reasonably fast speed possible or is it slower than phones such as the SPV C600 which use raised metal keys? Provided this is ok I really want to get this phone-finally a smartphone to rival the most stylish of mobiles! Look forwards to your reply Paul! :)

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
Guest pra0021

Hi,

Can any one tell me.. how I can buy i-mate spl keypad... It falls down and main select key was not working.. I am searching for this from long time but no body sells it..

Please let me know if any one knows about it.. My phone is working fine and i like this too too.. but keypad made me unhappy

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.