I-Mate repair service...

Guest duke_stix

Guest duke_stix

Hey all

I sent my I-mate SP3i last month off for repair. like, late september i mean.

I've ONLY just received confirmation that its been shipped!!

WTF!

month and a half?! to repair a JOYSTICK NIPPLE?! COSMETIC damage too!

has anyone else had this kind of service from the ONLY repair centre for SPV/XDA/SDA's in the UK?!

needless to say, im not happy! was told 7 days!

Guest The Doctor
Hey all

I sent my I-mate SP3i last month off for repair. like, late september i mean.

I've ONLY just received confirmation that its been shipped!!

WTF!

month and a half?! to repair a JOYSTICK NIPPLE?! COSMETIC damage too!

has anyone else had this kind of service from the ONLY repair centre for SPV/XDA/SDA's in the UK?!

needless to say, im not happy! was told 7 days!

i-mate use SBE Ltd as the repair centre who are frankly terrible. As the sole repairer for i-mate in the uk you think they'd stock parts... but they don't, not only that but the just churn out the same quotes for everyone, i was quoted £250 ex VAT to repair a small tear in the ribbin cable connecting my keypad to the mainboard.

Another modaco user was quoted the same when he dropped his in coffee, he later fixed it himself by cleaning it with a rag and some cleaning alcohol.

They also take far too long to actually repair the handsets, even myself, given the parts, can recieve, fix and ship a phone back to somebody in one day.

you'd have been better off going through HTC directly

Phil

i-mate use SBE Ltd as the repair centre who are frankly terrible. As the sole repairer for i-mate in the uk you think they'd stock parts... but they don't, not only that but the just churn out the same quotes for everyone, i was quoted £250 ex VAT to repair a small tear in the ribbin cable connecting my keypad to the mainboard.

Another modaco user was quoted the same when he dropped his in coffee, he later fixed it himself by cleaning it with a rag and some cleaning alcohol.

They also take far too long to actually repair the handsets, even myself, given the parts, can recieve, fix and ship a phone back to somebody in one day.

you'd have been better off going through HTC directly

Phil

HTC wont touch IMates. You would get reffered directly back to... Imate.

Guest The Doctor
HTC wont touch IMates. You would get reffered directly back to... Imate.

All the phones have a HTC serial number and warranty HTC is obliged to honour. having an imate branded device wont stop you from booking it in for repair via their website either....

Phil

All the phones have a HTC serial number and warranty HTC is obliged to honour. having an imate branded device wont stop you from booking it in for repair via their website either....

Phil

I would be suprised if the repair was accepted via their online repair booking tool, but if it works go for it.

HTC effectively "hate" I-Mate, and as such they will not support their devices...

Be prepared to be referred to I-Mate.

Guest willieturnip

why do they hate imate?..i mean, they sell enough of htc's produce dont they? if i was making stuff, and some HUGE company came along and said 'ok, we will buy 20% of your produce, for ever...and sell it...and give you money' i would be delighted :)