E-Ten / Glofiish prep 3G products for 2007... and VGA!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

While at the E-Ten Glofiish X50 / M700 press launch today in London (more here), we were lucky enough to be able to chat to Teresa Chou, Marketing Director for Eten, who had flown into London from Taiwan for the event.

The question on everyone's lips was... when can we expect to see 3G devices from Eten? Teresa revealed that a number of new products are to be launched in early 2007 with 3G capability, which is included without having to give up the almost 'signature' GPS capability in the device.

Great news!

Even better though... E-Ten / Glofiish are to release a VGA Pocket PC phone, also in early 2007! Packing a 2.8" VGA display - previously unseen on Windows Mobile devices, the new offering will include VGA, GPS etc. in a highly desirable form factor in fitting with the current crop of E-Ten products.

I don't know about you, but the idea of a VGA device that's the size of a regular Pocket PC Phone rather than the HTC Universal definitely sounds like a winner to me! :D

Finally, E-Ten also tell me that their next 'wave' of devices will also feature an improved button layout featuring... 'Windows' and 'OK' keys! Hurrah! Better late than never :)

P

Guest Ingvarr
I don't know about you, but the idea of a VGA device that's the size of a regular Pocket PC Phone rather than the HTC Universal definitely sounds like a winner to me!

The idea of 2.8'' VGA display sounds incredibly silly to me. You get 4x times increase of needed CPU and memory resources without that much of visual impact for display of that size (defenitely not the impact to justify these hogs).

Or will they put a GPU into device with 2.8'' screen? That would be no less hilarious :)

The idea of 2.8'' VGA display sounds incredibly silly to me. You get 4x times increase of needed CPU and memory resources without that much of visual impact for display of that size (defenitely not the impact to justify these hogs).

Or will they put a GPU into device with 2.8'' screen? That would be no less hilarious :)

couldn't disagree more :D

think how much sharper the QVGA display is on a smartphone compared to a PPCs QVGA. I'd expect the same level of crispness in the new VGA PPC screen.

Nice

Guest Ingvarr

I didnt say "its not noticeable"

I said that this nicely-looking crispness doesnt worth 4 times more load on CPU & memory. It will come from slower response and shorter battery life.

I owned VGA devices so I know how it is. Never regretted going back to QVGA.

But I have no doubt such device will sell well. Iam realistic, and I know well that many people will excitedly run to buy a device just because its have "bigger" of "something".

Edited by Ingvarr

Guest Paul (MVP)

I have to say I disagree too, in that I'm excited by the concept of a another VGA device.

So, it needs more memory / CPU etc? The manufacturers will make it work i'm sure - that's what they do.

I didn't hear people complaining when Smartphone went from 176x220 to 240x230 :)

P

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.