Shozu now supports Pocket PC!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

Shozu, the nifty photo sending / sharing application previously available for Windows Mobile, now supports Pocket PCs too!

logo.gif

The application lets you take pics, upload them to your blog with a description and tags, and even view and reply to comments directly from your device.

Supported blogs include blogr, flickr, typepad, wordpress and even youtube for video upload!

Shozu is FREE, and can be downloaded from http://www.shozu.com. I'm downloading it now, and will let you know how I get on :)

P

Well I hope it's easier to configure than when I tried it, I spent a whole evening trying to get this to work and it DIDN'T.

Edited by NikLP

Thanks for the post Paul :)

NikLP: Feel free to try out the new version designed specifically for Pocket PCs. I replied to you earlier today over here. Unfortunately the version you were trying was designed for Smartphones and not Pocket PCs.

We are in the process of qualifying a lot more PPC variants at the moment too :D If you try it out on an unsupported PPC, feel free to report any bugs.

Cheers!

Mark

www.shozu.com

Oh dear god. I've been waiting for something like this for so long.

Now i can finally:

- FTP upload video/pictures to my homepage seamlessly.

- Update my blogger. (allthough i didnt get it to work yet)

- Update my blogger. (allthough i didnt get it to work yet)

Unfortunately the Blogger problem is a global issue. Even though their site itself works great, it seems to be having a few problems authenticating requests from external sources. There's a bit of chat about this on our own forum too http://forum.shozu.com/showthread.php?tid=382

We hope there's a resolution soon!

Cheers

Guest Paul (MVP)

I like it... been testing it on my missus' blog with Wordpress... it works find on her MDA Compact III by the way.

Here's some feedback:

- When I run the program, I should be able to click / double click on the options to select, rather than doing menu / view.

- In 'Files', where is it reading those from? SD / Internal Memory or both?

- How are the thumbnails created for uploaded pics? They seem extremely low quality

- I'd like to be able to change the layout of the uploaded blog post. Maybe a HTML file I could put in the Shozu directory with some variables in for %PICTURE% and %TEXT%?

- When in the settings dialogue, the Done / Menu buttons still show, but don't do anything. The settings seems to be a non-full screen PPC form. Make it full screen, and set the soft keys to relevant options.

- I'd like to have transfer status displayed all the time when it is actively uploading, maybe a bar that pops up at the bottom of the screen.

- When uploading, it'd be useful to have a percentage uploaded, and perhaps an estimated time remaining.

Can't think of anything else atm :)

All in all a very promising applicaiton tho!

P

Guest NeilPepper
I like it... been testing it on my missus' blog with Wordpress... it works find on her MDA Compact III by the way.

Here's some feedback:

- When I run the program, I should be able to click / double click on the options to select, rather than doing menu / view.

- In 'Files', where is it reading those from? SD / Internal Memory or both?

- How are the thumbnails created for uploaded pics? They seem extremely low quality

- I'd like to be able to change the layout of the uploaded blog post. Maybe a HTML file I could put in the Shozu directory with some variables in for %PICTURE% and %TEXT%?

- When in the settings dialogue, the Done / Menu buttons still show, but don't do anything. The settings seems to be a non-full screen PPC form. Make it full screen, and set the soft keys to relevant options.

- I'd like to have transfer status displayed all the time when it is actively uploading, maybe a bar that pops up at the bottom of the screen.

- When uploading, it'd be useful to have a percentage uploaded, and perhaps an estimated time remaining.

Can't think of anything else atm :)

All in all a very promising applicaiton tho!

P

Hey Paul Thanks for trying ShoZu

1) If you click on the image/thumbnail with the stylus it will take you into the deeper view rather than having to select menu view, or you can use the navigation buttons, the middle button will take you in deeper.

2) ShoZu should monitor both, although with MS devices this can be a little hit and miss, we use the published Microsoft API to retrieve these locations, unfortunately this is not always implemented by the manufacturer. This is one of the main reasons why we can't blanket release all PPC devices without testing pretty much every device first.

3) Thumbnails are generated from the original images to a suitable size for the thumbnails not sure why they seem low quality.

4) Always interested in getting feedback from users we will always put those suggestions into the bag with the others. Thanks

5) The settings screen is a model dialog and is dismissed using the OK button in the title bar, the softkeys are only relevant to the previous screen. We could look into making it full screen.

6&7) See 4

Thanks

Neil

Guest chucky.egg

I've been using the Smartphone version and I think it's great, but a word of warning for anyone who (like me) never reads the manual...

If you set it to auto-upload then it really will!

I was messing about and uploaded loads of junk photos (could have been much worse I guess :) ) to the BBC News submissions service.

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update..... we've added a whole lot more PPC and Smartphone variants today

We now support:

Audiovox SMT5600

Cingular 2125

Cingular 3125

Dopod S300

HP iPAQ HW6915

HTC Faraday

HTC Hurricane

HTC STRTRK

HTC Tornado

HTC Typhoon

HTC Voyager

i-Mate JAMin

i-Mate K-Jam

i-Mate SmartFlip

i-Mate Smartphone2

i-Mate SP3

i-Mate SP3i

i-Mate SP5

i-Mate SP5M

Motorola MPx220

Motorola Q

O2 XDA sp

O2 XDA Mini S

O2 Xphone

Orange C500

Orange E200

Orange F600

Orange SPV C550

Orange SPV C600

Qtek 8080

Qtek 8300

Qtek 8310

Qtek 8500

Qtek 9100

O2 Xphone

Samsung i300

T-Mobile MDA Compact

T-Mobile MDA Vario

T-Mobile SDA

T-Mobile SDA 2

But feel free to try ShoZu on an unsupported phone and let us know how you go. Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

..................and more variants added today :-)

Alltel PPC6700

Audiovox XV6700

Cingular 8525

Dopod 838 Pro

i-Mate JasJam

i-Mate SP2

i-Mate SP4

Mio Digiwalker

O2 XDA Orion

O2 XDA Phone

O2 XDA Trion

O2 Xphone II

Orange M3100

Orange SPV M3000

Qtek 8020

Qtek 8200

Qtek 9600

Qwest 6700

Sprint PPC-6700

Telus 6700

T-Mobile MDA Vario II

Verizon XV6700

Cheers

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.