First HTC Cavalier shots leak

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

Look what it is... HTC's forthcoming successor to the HTC Excalibur (aka T-Mobile Dash / HTC S620)!

Packing UMTS / HSDPA, a 400MHz Samsung processor and WiFi... the Cavalier could quickly be heading to the top of the Smartphone tree! When I say quickly, don't expect to see this device until a few months into 2007 at the EARLIEST... but hey, it's something to look forward to :) Is that a forward facing camera for video calling I see in the top right? No JoggR? Perhaps there's a wheel on the right hand side... :D

I think it looks nicer than the Excalibur myself, sharper... and judging by how much i'm enjoying the HTC S620 at the moment, this could be a winner!

P

Pics via Solopalmari, via engadget

cavalier1.jpg

cavalier2.jpg

Guest The Doctor
Is that a forward facing camera for video calling I see in the top right?

Looks like status LED's to me Paul..... :P

Phil

[EDIT: Though on second thoughts there are two status LED's on either side of the speaker.... so maybe it is! :D It's because the lens is square and not round i thought it was just LED's :)]

Edited by The Doctor

No, the status LEDs are by the speaker, looks like a tiny camera on the right.

P

Looks like kind of thin. I am more and more finding my Hermes too fat, and regret the "handiness" of my old Magician.

Time to ebay soon!

cavalier_lato.jpg

joggr to the right.

paul, i don't think the upper right part is a camera because it's too small. seems like it could be a light sensor instead.

Edited by JwY

Guest rhedgehog

I agree, it looks more like the keyboard backlight sensor to me.

As the herald has been the update to the wizard and is still EDGE/GPRS, I should imagine this will be EDGE/GPRS too.

Mind you, HTC did release the Mteor without a front facing camera....?

• 2 weeks later...
Also - why is that camera button any more pushable than any other of HTC's handsets?

for me, its exactly where my thumb would be when on the phone. most othere SPs it been up alot higher.

I see. Incidentally, when are we going to see some left handed Smartphones appear? :)

i doubt we'll see many as most people are right handed (i believe there's a lot more people that are right handed)

Guest Monolithix (MVP)

It was a slightly tounge-in-cheek comment :)

What i would like to see is an option to put scroll bars on the other side of the screen in PPC though...

Back on topic, looks like a potential Blackjack contender...

Guest Paul (MVP)

The Hermes is a bit left handed...l or at least as I right handed person, I feel the wheel is on the wrong side (the Blackjack feels much better with it on the right) :)

P

the reason the wheel is on the left is because they expect you to hold it with your left hand and scroll with the left, while you use the stylus with your right hand.

Edited by JwY

• 1 month later...
Guest SecureGSM

So far I found that HTC Cavalier and HTC Breeze are built around the same hardware paltform.

I can not tell if I like Cavalier so far or not. I am not allowed to comment.. Breeze forum has it all.

Guest genaldar

It solved the one thing I didn't like about the dash, the roundness of the device (it looks like a blackberry to some extent imo).

btw is video calling any good? Since we're so far behind the speed curve over here I've never tried it (well I tried a home version at an at&t store like 10 years ago).

Guest pd.ryder
btw is video calling any good? Since we're so far behind the speed curve over here I've never tried it (well I tried a home version at an at&t store like 10 years ago).
Video calling is ace on my Vario II :D

And T-Mobile to T-Mobile vid calls are only 15p per min :) (50p to other networks :D )

Guest mikeeey
The Hermes is a bit left handed...l or at least as I right handed person, I feel the wheel is on the wrong side (the Blackjack feels much better with it on the right) :)

P

lol like pwest13 said it looks like a calculator.

i really dont like these phones cuz of too many buttons all on the outside and its lack of applications and games working on it, being that it has a landscape screen.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.