The official HTC P4350 'Ask Paul' thread!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest rhedgehog

from the small amount of time i have managed to spend with it, the build quality seems to be quite solid. The sliding action on this device is much smoother than the tytn and previous devices. it really is a nice piece of kit.

The notification lights for caps and function are a lovely touch, and much more instantly noticeable than the dot and c that you can get on screen.

Shame I've had the 3600 overnight, I'm now torn between the two! :)

Nice. Is it just an optical illusion or is the screen quite a bit smaller than Hermes/TyTN, more like an M600?

Matt

Given the spacing of the soft keys I would say it looks considerably smaller.

Guest Ingvarr

i was told by person with hands-on experience that Herald slider construction is so far the best from all side-sliding devices avalable.

Edited by Ingvarr

Do you think the camera is the same as in the P3300?

the price point is interesting, £380 at expansys compared to £440 for the P3300.

Is there anything other than GPS missing from the P4350 when compared to the P3300 (except RollR? - "no loss there" I hear Paul saying).

I must admit this is worth waiting a little time for. I've heard vodafone are picking it up, any news of other networks taking it up?

e3.

Guest Paul (MVP)

Camera is probably the same as the P3300, yeah.

The price point is interesting, I wish it was a bit cheaper actually, all things considered.

All you give up compared to the P3300 is the GPS, FM Radio and RollR / Wheel as you say, and the dpad on the P4350 is so nice it reminds you why you want a dpad and not a RollR :)

So you give up the GPS, Radio and RollR, but gain a dpad, nice slidey keyboard, some more free RAM, an externally accessible microSD slot, a nicer (IMHO) screen outdoors ... it is a fair bit heavier tho.

I know what i'd choose. In fact, i've already put an order in for a P4350 with my own hard earned (this is a marketing sample).

P

I've not heard anything re: networks picking it up yet...

P

The Register said Vodafone are going to offer it in Germany and Netherlands. Nothing about UK.

This seems the ideal product for me - I don't mind not having 3G as I have unlimited wireless broadband at home for my laptop. Not bothered about external bluetooth GPS as I would use it 99% in the car anyway.

- Love the keyboard

- Love the WiFi

- Love the looks

- Love the lights

- Love the external card slot

- Love that its slimmer than a starving catwalk model

Now I'll just write to Santa and get him to persuade those nice people at T-mobile to rush this is to their line up a.s.a.p.

e3

(did I say Santa? maybe Satan would be more persuasive.

Guest masterpp

guys please could you help me

my orange spv c600 has just about come to the end of its life. i really love the microsoft interface, and was hoping to upgrade to the c700 when it came out, but apparently orange have cancelled their order due to battery problems. i am therefor assuming the same problems will face the htc meteor which it is based on.

in that light, ive pretty much decided on getting one of these bad books.

however i can't decide which one i should go.

on first appearence, i liked the look of the vario with the old rounded, pill shaped keys, as it looks easiest to type on. however, that machine is not 3g compatabile. this may not be the end of the world. for casual browsing, and going on my space and using hotmail on the machine, is 3g essential.

secondly then i thought id end up getting the tytn, although i dont think the keys are attractive, it has 3g and i supose that the keys must be better as its a later model

all of a sudden though, the p4350 comes along. should i wait for this.

basically my questions are.

1) which type of keyboard is better

2) is 3g essential

cheers- also any thourghts on the meteor candy bar phone

Guest nickcornaglia

This has a keyboard and the Trinity does not...but the Trinity is thicker. :)

Which processor is better?

Herald

59x109x17mm, 160g

32bit Texas Instruments OMAP 850 CPU @ 201MHz, 128MB ROM, 64MB RAM

Trinity

58.2x108x18.4mm, 143g

32bit Samsung S3C2442 CPU @ 400MHz, 128MB ROM, 64MB RAM

Guest nickcornaglia

So confused with all of these new devices.

On the one hand I like the lightness/smallness of Smartphones.

On the other hand, there is just more software for PPCs.

These new PPC as so small now. I dont really think I need a keyboard, but with the size similarities, it doesnt make sense not to go for the P4350 just for the times you need it. But the thought of built in GPS is nice as well. It's just all so confusing!

I think I liked it better when there were only a couple of devices to choose from and everyone had the same phones! :)

Guest Crudeboy

I have tried a few settled with Wizard but this one looks really interesting... I would upgrade simply because its doesnt look fat! Thansk for the review!

Just wondered why the slider is on the right side of teh screen instead of the left...

Edited by Crudeboy

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.