What's the worst handset you've ever owned ?

Guest toon9

Guest sporkguy
Never owned one but Alcatels handset was probably the worst in the world. Now they're making another :P.

They have more than Two you know :)

They're quite big in Europe, especially their native Spain... only old people would buy them from me at Orange :D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest furby

Then got an Ericsson T68 which was great for about a month, then it broke. The replacement lasted a week. The next replacement lasted two hours, the next a day, the next didn't work when it was delivered. I was upgraded to a Sony Ericsson T68i which was great - for about three weeks. Then it broke, then the replacement broke, then the replacement broke.....

Ha ha think I had the exact same experience. Literally went through 8 T68i's before giving up. Got my mpx200 and never looked back from having wm smartphones.

On the Mototrola front, I think they have the worst software on their phones, can't put my finger on what it is exactly but it just stinks.

Guest sporkguy
Ha ha think I had the exact same experience. Literally went through 8 T68i's before giving up. Got my mpx200 and never looked back from having wm smartphones.

On the Mototrola front, I think they have the worst software on their phones, can't put my finger on what it is exactly but it just stinks.

I think its because the software is so.. counter-intuitive. Anywhere you think an option might be.. its hidden somewhere else or named something completely different to what we've learned.

As Mr Spock would put it.. they're illogical.

My gf has the V3i and I can't make head nor tail of it - setting up MMS was an absolute nightmare!

Guest impy78
I think its because the software is so.. counter-intuitive. Anywhere you think an option might be.. its hidden somewhere else or named something completely different to what we've learned.

As Mr Spock would put it.. they're illogical.

My gf has the V3i and I can't make head nor tail of it - setting up MMS was an absolute nightmare!

I was never lucky/fashionable enough to have a v3, I had the V600, and it was okay for a while, then the camera started taking pixelated pictures and everyone looked like a lego man, and then the earpiece stopped working. I'm not even going to go into the horror that was uploading games to it!

that said, I did get a free bluetooth headset with it.

I couldn't believe they put the same camera in the V3 - I though it was supposed to be a "luxury" phone.

Guest sporkguy
I was never lucky/fashionable enough to have a v3, I had the V600, and it was okay for a while, then the camera started taking pixelated pictures and everyone looked like a lego man, and then the earpiece stopped working. I'm not even going to go into the horror that was uploading games to it!

that said, I did get a free bluetooth headset with it.

I couldn't believe they put the same camera in the V3 - I though it was supposed to be a "luxury" phone.

It seems "luxury" doesn't necessarily mean decent these days - I think the V3 and the Nokia 8800 are good indicators of this. People are much better off going for great phones like the N80, V3x, D600, SP5 etc - as not only are they packed with features, they look decent and are very easy to use.

But unfortunately its all about how fashionable you look with it these days :)

Mind you, most of us here are gadget freaks/geeks.. so we're bound to say that :D

Guest impy78
Mind you, most of us here are gadget freaks/geeks.. so we're bound to say that :)

This is true.

BUT I think we are justified! I like value for money and I think the amount you pay for your phone should reflect what it can actually DO!

Most people these days would be happy to be presented with a turd these days as long as it has been steam rollered and painted pink first!!!

• 1 year later...

My current one- a Blackberry 8820!

The firm have moved us over to BB from windows-based toys! Yuk- they are so unfriendly. It hasnt even got a camera! I wouldnt mind, but one of the basic things about a mobile phone must be that it has a good radio- these dont- they are very deaf. Ok, they look good when you can play with them on the tube with all the other wazzers...but please, give me back my SPVM5000 any day!