• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

scottusspez

scottusspez

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Devices:c600
I went to London back in 2002 and picked up an Orange promotional booklet thing while I was down there. I threw it under my bed when I got home (yes terrible I know) and the other day while having a clean out I found it.

WHY oh WHY have Orange changed so much? They actually used to have some amazing deals, really good ideas and the handset choice was second to none. I know people say a lot about how O have gone down the pan and stuff, without thinking about it but hey I suggest if anyone has access to it take a look at the old booklets or whatever, and shed a tear, for things will never be the same again

:)

Confucious

Confucious

Peanut Brain

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,635 posts
  • Devices:iPhone 5
  • Twitter:@Confuciousmobil
Orange led the Smartphone revolution, they were innovative and customer focused.

Now they don't give a hoot...

He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

jchamier

jchamier

Quite unimportant

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  • Interests:Wine, Women, Songs :)
  • Devices:iPhone 5s

WHY oh WHY have Orange changed so much?

Well, I joined O in Dec 1994, I believe just before our host Paul, on the brilliant Nokia Orange (2140) which was unique to O, back then one2one had about 4 transmitters compared to O's 1500, and only some really appalling Motorola handsets.

Now O is crap, and Motorola are producing good handsets.

Whats the world come to?

My devices: Apple iPhone 4S on T-Mobile - Android: Amazon Kindle Fire

Previously: Android: Huawei U8800, ZTE Blade & Ancient: WM6.1: HTC Blackstone, WM6: HTC Kaiser, WM5: HTC Hermes

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,349 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@paulobrien
Haha, yeah, weird how things turn around!

Whatever next!

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

Tech

Tech

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,490 posts
  • Devices:E200 2xC500 SP5m Vario

Orange led the Smartphone revolution, they were innovative and customer focused.

Now they don't give a hoot...

couldnt agree more :)

http://www.spapps.co.uk

Visit the Spapps UK Forums!!!
Spapps UK Forums [new]
Spapps UK Forums alternative link
^^^ CLICK ME ^^^

Current Projects:

DAR~ling update tba*
WMP Remote** (need new ideas!!)

TV Remote codenamed meetu (postponed)
mini PC Controller codenamed mawk

sporkguy

sporkguy

iSpork

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • Interests:Phone History:<br /><br />-Nokia 5110<br />-Nokia 8210<br />-Nokia 3510i<br />-Nokia 7210<br />-Sony Ericsson K700i<br />-Nokia 6630<br />-Nokia 7610<br />-Orange SPV M500<br />-Orange SPV C500<br />-Sony Ericsson W800i<br />-Nokia N90<br />-Samsung D600<br />-iMate SP5<br />-MDA Vario <br />-MoDaCo C600<br />-MDA Pro<br />-Sony Ericsson K800i<br />-Nokia E61<br />-Nokia N95<br />-LG Viewty<br />-Sony Ericsson W660<br />-Nokia 6500 Classic Black<br />-Sony Ericsson W910<br />-Sony Ericsson C902<br />-Blackberry Curve<br />-Blackberry Bold 9000<br />-iPhone 3GS<br />-HTC Desire<br />-iPhone 4
  • Devices:iPhone 4
  • Twitter:@Super_Nicktendo

...and Motorola are producing good handsets.

hahahahhahahhahahhahahahahaa :)

no <_<

jchamier

jchamier

Quite unimportant

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  • Interests:Wine, Women, Songs :)
  • Devices:iPhone 5s

no <_<

I agree, but there seems to be many many more out there than ever before. Everyone at work, pub etc, seems to have one of these new style motos. I heard that Nokia were still no 1, and motorola were now no 2 having come back from nowhere, and SonyEriccsson had dropped to 6th or something. Can't find where this was said tho.

My devices: Apple iPhone 4S on T-Mobile - Android: Amazon Kindle Fire

Previously: Android: Huawei U8800, ZTE Blade & Ancient: WM6.1: HTC Blackstone, WM6: HTC Kaiser, WM5: HTC Hermes

Monolithix

Monolithix

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,783 posts
While i'm not a fan of Moto's software, the new handsets are very nice...

I still exist

sporkguy

sporkguy

iSpork

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • Interests:Phone History:<br /><br />-Nokia 5110<br />-Nokia 8210<br />-Nokia 3510i<br />-Nokia 7210<br />-Sony Ericsson K700i<br />-Nokia 6630<br />-Nokia 7610<br />-Orange SPV M500<br />-Orange SPV C500<br />-Sony Ericsson W800i<br />-Nokia N90<br />-Samsung D600<br />-iMate SP5<br />-MDA Vario <br />-MoDaCo C600<br />-MDA Pro<br />-Sony Ericsson K800i<br />-Nokia E61<br />-Nokia N95<br />-LG Viewty<br />-Sony Ericsson W660<br />-Nokia 6500 Classic Black<br />-Sony Ericsson W910<br />-Sony Ericsson C902<br />-Blackberry Curve<br />-Blackberry Bold 9000<br />-iPhone 3GS<br />-HTC Desire<br />-iPhone 4
  • Devices:iPhone 4
  • Twitter:@Super_Nicktendo
style-wise there is nothing wrong with motos (apart from the fact they'll be using the same form factor for the rest of their existence now)
but yes, the software on my gfs V3 is the bain of my life - even she gets annoyed with it sometimes.

then again, I don't have to use a moto that often :)

furby

furby

MoDaCo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 388 posts
  • Devices:iPhone
  • Twitter:@furby

While i'm not a fan of Moto's software, the new handsets are very nice...

Couldn't agree more, everyone I know who has a motorola loves the way it looks but wants to ditch it becasue the software is so bad. This seems to be wtihout exception (young and old)

Posted Image

Alex (nedge2k)

Alex (nedge2k)

Editor Dude

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts
  • Devices:Too many!
  • Twitter:@nedge2k
I rem when they first launched pre-pay. Coverage was the best out of all the nets, 0800 numbers were actually free(!!) but they did chage you 50ppm for all calls and there was no sms. They were my first net and I satyed faithful for a while but the last couple years it's been O2 all the way for me.

Orange really need to go back to basics.

Cab-O-Matic - The ONLY online .cab maker (now working again, mostly!)

Posted Image Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users